DTS on Sonos Arc is a reality as of 11/16/21

• 17 November 2021
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Is it a dts-x disc or just dts as dts-x will not work 

Both dts x and dts hd coming up as dolby atmos not complaining though, I dont know whether it has anything to with the HDFURY ARCANA...

That’s going to be because dts-X and dts-HD formats are not supported on Sonos devices. They currently only support dts 5.1 audio.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Is it a dts-x disc or just dts as dts-x will not work 

Both dts x and dts hd coming up as dolby atmos not complaining though, I dont know whether it has anything to with the HDFURY ARCANA...

That’s going to be because dts-X and dts-HD formats are not supported on Sonos devices. They currently only support dts 5.1 audio.

But doesnt it downgraded to normal DTS?????, Ive tried a normal dts disc and it still shows up as Dolby atmos on my app...

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The issue is I try to select bitstream dts audio selection on my XBOX  it’s just defaulting to Dolby ATMOS...Doesnt give me the option to change, I also go on device manager BD and click on let my reciever do the work, It comes up on the screen it doesn’t recognise the codec….

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Ken Ive got the HD FURY arcana so playing the codec wouldnt be an issue you would think

Ken Ive got the HD FURY arcana so playing the codec wouldnt be an issue you would think

Yes, what Bruce says, it will come down to your XBOX settings then and the disc having the .dts encoded audio track of course… I assume the Arcana passes through the codec, as others here in the community who use that audio extractor have mentioned they have dts working with their Blu-Ray players.