Beam keeps playing after tv is off

• 4 January 2019
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Badge +1
hi thanks for the reply
I don't use any cable box or any converters. i watch freesat which is built in to the tv. so i have the HDMI from the tv into the beam.
interestingly though ive only just upgraded my tv and i didn't get this problem before so i didn't think it would be the beam.
maybe a setting on the tv?
Userlevel 7
Hi Leeharl86

Unfortunately I'm going to have to say that the problem is not with your Beam but with your LG and or how you have your connections with your cable box. I'm leaning more toward the latter. The Beam has no way of intercepting a closed loop signal that is coming from your ISP and/or Cable provider.

However, there is an exception and that is when you are dealing with Over The Air (OTA) programing. Under extreme circumstances and all the planets aligning correctly it might be possible for the Beam to pick up an audio signal. Here in the USA the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) mandates the following for all consumer electronics :

Federal Communications Commission Radio Frequency Interference
Statemen
t
This device complies with Part 15 of FCC Rules and Industry Canada's licence-exempt RSSs. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of this
device.

So, unless all you watch is OTA the likelihood of the Beam being at fault IMO is highly unlikely.

Th next time your issue occurs (TV audio being heard after the TV is turned off) please unplug the cable box to see if the TV audio ceases. If it does then you know what component is causing the problem or where to start. A couple more questions....

1. Are you using any type on audio converter or switch in conjunction with your LG, Beam and/or Cable box?
2. Are you using AppleTV for your programing content (in lieu of a cable provider)?

Please post back if you are stilling having the issue and even if it is resolved as I'd like to know what was causing the problem and how it was resolved.

Cheers!
Badge +1
yes continues to play the tv channel i just had on
Badge +1
sorry its plugged into the tv.
i had it in my old lg tv and it was fine
I've recently upgrading my lg tv now i get this problem
Userlevel 7
i have the HDMI cable in the arc import

OK...that doesn't answer the question...

Is the HDMI cable plugged into your TV or your Cable Box (decoder)?
That's odd. And we're talking about it continuing to play the sound from the TV, and not music that you're streaming, correct?
Badge +1
i have the HDMI cable in the arc import
sure you have the Beam connected to your TV or is it connected to your decoder?
Userlevel 7
Hi Leeharl86

Do you have your Beam connected to the HDMI_ARC port on your TV or through another device?