Question

Unable to set up google assistant

• 21 September 2019
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @jeciwould ,

Submitting a diagnostic through the Sonos app provides us with a snapshot of your system so we can help identify what is causing your issue. Then, please reply back the diagnostic confirmation number so I can take a closer look at the issue.

I’m having the exact problem. Called support and they told me to re-boot both router and speaker. However that has not helped at all.
have also tried to connect GA to Sonos with my IPad but without luck.
patience...
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

As others have said, I couldn’t add Google as a voice assistant via the Sonos app, it started the setup process and then just took me to a Sonos 404 web page.

I just used the Google Home app/ Add Device ( + icon top left ) and then add Sonos from there.

setting up Alexa from within the Sonos app worked fine.

I have the same problem :(
i have rebooted my router. Still not Worning

I’m having the same problem and it’s driving me crazy.  I might have to return this.  Can’t find updates or solutions. 

Badge
I have submitted a diagnostics report with Sonos on this one. I will update this thread with any progress.
CRC77,

I haven’t tested this myself recently, so can’t say if it might be a temporary service outage, but did you perhaps try rebooting both the local router and the speaker that you’re trying to add the GA to? Sometimes a reboot will resolve such issues, but it’s worth rebooting both the router and the speaker.
Also if you have any other WiFi access points, it’s worth switching those off temporarily, so that the mobile controller and speaker are both connected via the main router.