Sleep Timer doesn't work with Google Assistant

Show first post

38 replies

Agreed, well, technically the sleep timer now works in that it creates a generic 'timer' called sleep that beeps when it expires... :) While music continues to play.  This is not the functionality that we are after.

Still not working, 7 months after the issue was initially raised. This is a pretty major feature deficiency to go ignored by Sonos for so long.

My kids utilize the voice control when going to bed to put on music and a sleep timer, not ideal to have them utilize the Sonos app, but appreciate the suggested work around.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Set the sleep timer in the Sonos app.
You can do, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having voice control.
Set the sleep timer in the Sonos app.
Just cutover from Alexa to Google, disappointed that this is an issue, we use it nightly, guess I'm moving back to Alexa.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Sonos support is as bad and evasive as it was when Alexa on Sonos was released. The too sleep timers didn’t work. Can anyone from Sonos tell us when this feature will work?
Also not working for me. Is there already a solution?
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Not working for me either.

Sonos support doesn't seem to be very responsive. You would think that as part of introducing a whole new capability to the product line (Google Assistant support), they could dedicate a person part time for a few weeks to track and answer the customer feedback with something more than a generic response.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Re-tested, not working for me.
Not working for me either. On Alexa this worked just fine.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Generic response from Sonos team.

"Hi there,

Thanks again for contacting Sonos.

We wanted to follow up and ensure that your case was resolved. If you need anything else, simply reply to this email and let us know that you need help. If all is well, keep an eye out for a follow-up survey shortly.

Thanks,
The Sonos Team"

Unsure whether this means they feel it's resolved, or whether as with my other tickets the support staff don't even seem to be aware that Google Assistant has been released. I'll test the timer again when I'm home, but I'm not optimistic...
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Not working for us either. Report it to both Sonos and Google.