What just happend with the "New SONOS app"?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I just wished I consulted the Community BEFORE upgrading to the NEW app (which I would have postponed until the SONOS dev came back to reality...). I am all for changes, fixes and new features (fixes and new features, in that order and not new features over fixes… spend time fixing existing problems before throwing more features into the mix).

When comparing moving from Sonos S1 to S2, THIS upgrade is a disaster (it did cross my mind that SONOS pushed the BETA version of the apps instead of the final tested version...). What happend to the TuneIN stations preset, art covers, alarm set-up? The email we all received about 2 weeks ago did not mentionned any of this for existing users. I just hope SONOS will react to all the comments about this upgrade and provide a way to return to the previous version, until the new version is acceptable.

14 replies

I have existing alarms which I now can't remove or adjust. Fix it!

Userlevel 2

I can't even use my system now. Nothing. Absolutely nothing work. I feel completely ripped off. 

Can Sonos please advise when the issues will be fixed with the “new” and “improved” Sonos app?

As I can’t set or remove alarms I am now forced to disconnect the speakers from electricity to stop the alarm going off unnecessarily. I can’t set the timer either. And the new format of playlists etc is really appalling. What an abysmal “improvement ”.

If they have no intention of improving and putting back useful features, I may as well not have Sonos.

Thank goodness I delayed updating my system, my financial loss won’t be as great.

It’s like an entirely new operating system. It’s a mess.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I subscribe to Amazon, Apple & YouTube Music and now only YTM works! Amazon doesn't work at all for anything, and both Amazon and Apple won't launch anything from search results (which are now a hopeless mess). I'm waiting up to 15 seconds for tracks to start playing. That's just the start of my issues. And this is over multiple phone models: Pixel, Oppo and Samsung. My God Sonos, what have you done??

What an unmitigated disaster - my android phones and tablets update overnight - and now the app fails to lad on all or takes an eternity.  Is there no beta testing done by Sonos ???   I seriously regret moving to Sonos from the now unsupported Squeezebox products.  At least the Squeezebox community took over App updates from Logitech in 2019 - and all work perfectly after been tested in advance.  Sonos - please get your s*** together.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Sonos is prooving that it is not a serious company anymore. They don’t care of their clients. They consider us as hostages ! No respect for clients with that new app. No public excuses, no public apologies. Does the managers are crazy or on drugs ? Are they a their golf games ??? Are they in their ivory tower?

“How to kill a company” that will be the title of the Sonos biography book.

Userlevel 1

What a total disaster. I didn’t choose to move to this app, I logged in and the prior version was just gone. Shame on Sonos. I now have 10 useless paperweights. How do I dump this virus of an app and get back to the prior?  I’m on my way to Radio Shack to buy a portable FM radio so I have something reliable to listen to while Sonos figures out what else is working that they can break for us. 

A quick change of volume... music... device group or whathever I want to do on MY OWN EQUIPMENT is made almost possible after the new app was pushed trough my throat. It takes ages to load, if it will start at all.

I was a happy SONOS user for year but now…?

What happend???? 

I have 6000 items in my Music Library on my Mac.  The library does not show up.  Can we get a copy of the old IOS program and get rid of this new piece of crap?

You can downgrade and reinstall the old version of the app. Just search for sonos app 16.1

But now even if you turn of auto updates it still pushes the new update on you and when you least expect it the app has changed back to the new version. This new app is a disaster and I expect it will have a big impact on future sales if they don't fix it quickly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you run v16.1 make sure you turn off auto update in google play store AND the auto update in settings in your Sonos app otherwise you will keep waking up to the new app. 

I can't even use my system now. Nothing. Absolutely nothing work. I feel completely ripped off. 

Me too. 

You can downgrade and reinstall the old version of the app. Just search for sonos app 16.1

But now even if you turn of auto updates it still pushes the new update on you and when you least expect it the app has changed back to the new version. This new app is a disaster and I expect it will have a big impact on future sales if they don't fix it quickly. 

Search where?