Answered

Transferring a playlist from W11 laptop to Sonos app

• 11 September 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a W11 laptop which has my playlist on it.  I would like to export that playlist to my Samsung S22 Ultra.  I cant work out how to do that :(.

icon

Best answer by ratty 11 September 2023, 22:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

More info would help. What format is the playlist? What app was used to create it?

It was made several years ago from cds copied on to laptop and transferred to Samsung music on android phone, adding one track at a time into playlist. 

Does that help?

It was made several years ago from cds copied on to laptop and transferred to Samsung music on android phone, adding one track at a time into playlist. 

Does that help?

Not really. Are you talking about transferring the actual music files, or simply a playlist?

For a start it should be stressed that Sonos can no longer play music directly from an Android mobile.

As for a playlist being usable by Sonos it depends on (a) where the music is being stored and (b) the actual format of the list. If the music is on the laptop, or somewhere else on the network that Sonos can read, and the playlist is an M3U file (basically a list of pathnames) -- or alternatively a WPL or PLS file -- then something should be achievable.

More reading: https://support.sonos.com/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

Ok great, thanks, will read further and let you know how we go. We are a little underwhelmed that Sonos changed their rules earlier this year, as it used to work well.

We are a little underwhelmed that Sonos changed their rules earlier this year, as it used to work well.

As was explained at the time, this was caused by changes in the underlying Android operating system.

Sorry for the inference that it was Sonos who changed the ‘rules’.  I had forgotten that my husband explained to me that it was an Android generated change.🙄

Will get a chance to read up on what you have directed us to over the next few days and will let you know how we go.🤔
Thanks

Coralee