Question

Revert App on App Store?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I just got screwed for tomorrow. I use the Sonos speaker in my room as my alarm with my phone to control, and once I updated to the new app, that was the end of that. No ability to add, edit or adjust alarms from the new phone app. I do not have a desktop app which is support’s idea of a workaround for releasing an unfinished app with no way to revert the old app..? The workaround should be to revert and wait till the app has the same or better functionality. If I had the option to revert to the old app on the App Store this would not have been an issue.  Please let us all go back until this app has parity with the old app (at least!).

24 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

And me to, let's all shout out loud to sonos….this is a crap update 

Userlevel 2

Agree completely, alarms are one of my most used functions.

This sucks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Glad i have another app i have stopped it doin an automated update so i still have my iphone 

but im gonna bombard them with trying to get things back

Userlevel 1

I agree as well, why would you release an app that’s incomplete? Glad there not making cars, Next years model may only have 3 wheels!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The support have reported back saying these issues are being addressed in the coming weeks……

But why launch the app incomplete…..beggers my belief…...

Userlevel 3

Is there even a desktop-app for Linux?

I’m screwed tomorrow as well, as I can’t deactivate my alarm on this public holiday and will be awakened at the usual time, 5:30, just because they were too stupid to think properly about what’s needed.

This is an extreme heavy bug, a complete showstopper, that should make an immediate return to the old app unavoidable, or an immediate bug-fix, but lasting longer then 24 hours is out of discussion.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Come on.sonos get your act together……

Pull this update now 

Get the iron out and take out ALL the  greases….

Let us all enjoy what we had in s2 as folks are not happy with this release 

Userlevel 2

The support have reported back saying these issues are being addressed in the coming weeks……

But why launch the app incomplete…..beggers my belief…...

Because it is needed for the new headphones about to be released, and they ran out of time.

I love how most of these companies develop basically a web portal app in an environment that has a gajillion Mbps internet connection.  They are laggy, slow and often frustratingly unusable in a real-word environment.  Most reload completely and do not store images, etc., in a viable cache, so you have to sit an wait for everything to update.  Pet Peeve.

This paradigm is being used more and more (basically SaaS), because it cuts down on development. Effort goes into developing APIs instead of an actual native app.  

Userlevel 3

Are there any apps that use an API nad have the missing functionality?

Userlevel 2

This is a bad update.   Can't search music on my NAS????   Come on!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Agreed, same issue upgraded and now no access to my alarms. Hint Sonos know your client needs.  You should add a link to download S2 old version since apple store will only add the new one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Time to buy an alarm clock ⏰ 😁? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Download the 16.1 APK. Problem solved

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sonos has lost the plot!  Not having alarms is mental.  And their response is arrogant.  They assume everyone using Sonos has a spare Windows or Mac computer hanging around home.  Even if people do, it might be a work computer and is locked down.

Sonos - don’t be evil.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

And how do you do that from the apple iPad??

Badge

You can still change alarms in de desktop app. 
On MacOS (and probably same in other OSes) available on the bottom right, in the third column.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can’t. That’s why Android is better

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You can’t. That’s why Android is better

True in some ways

Userlevel 1

This is a fine example of an manufacturer who's only concern is to push more new products and in the process competely ignores the installed base of their product line. I'm not going to purchace any sonos products ever again!

To just leave out app functions that have been there from the start is just insane and their answer that you can use your Windows desktop/laptop is just stupendous! 

Just f****** fix it!!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 2

The latest software update for Sonos has left me extremely disappointed. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it's one of the worst updates I've seen in many years. Not only does it lack fundamental user-friendly features that were readily available in the previous version, but it's also completely unusable.

It's hard to understand how Sonos could release such an incompetent update to the public. This type of negligence is unacceptable, and I hope that Sonos is taking note of all the negative feedback they're receiving from users worldwide.

I'm not alone in my frustration, and I know that many others feel the same way. I hope that Sonos is paying attention to the community's feedback and working on rectifying the many flaws in this update. It's crucial that they do so as soon as possible, as the current software is causing significant inconvenience and frustration for their users.

Actually saved my ruined day , thank you !

My whole system was not working anymore after updating , had to factory reset and try reinstalling everything while the app loses the connection 95% of the times. Adding my sub also just crashed the app on all devices.

Rerolled and it's all fixed.

Thanks !

Userlevel 1

Oh holy crap!  What has Sonos done to the app?  I get that occasional UX improvements are a thing, but completely removing several critical features in the product is NOT an upgrade.

This new “Version 80.0” is HORRIBLE!!!!  It removed the Widget, which was my primary quick interface for glancing at the currently-playing song title, volume adjustments and back/skip.  It’s totally Gone.  That’s like 25% of the product functionality just ..GONE overnight!  

Then, I laid down as I do at night to go to sleep and….where the hell is the sleep timer?  Another critical feature just...GONE.

In ONE UPDATE Sonos has gone from fantastic to just...unusable.  Other than eventually finding my playlists and being able to hit [Play] there is ZERO functionality to this app update.  

TERRIBLE!

(EDIT: thankfully APKMirror.com has most prior versions.  I was able to uninstall the latest garbage, and simply download one version back (16.1) and reinstall it.  I’m back to functional again!  I’ll just take precautions to not update the app any longer (or the speakers, if it comes down to it) and that will solve the issue.  Everything’s working fine now and there’s no reason to ever update at this point.)

If you, Sonos, insist on imposing incomplete, untested software on your (previously) loyal customers, then at least provide a way back to a working version.

I.T. fundamentals!

Could not agree more.

I want to listen to MY music on MY NAS, can’t even search my music library now !! My all system is useless, i DONT listen to streaming