Answered

Connecting iPhone to Wifi-connected Port

I have a Wifi-connected Sonos Port that works fine with my Android phone app, but we can’t connect my wife’s iPhone, which can’t find the Port on our LAN.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 1 May 2024, 22:08

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Basic first question: has she installed the IOS app? Next: is she trying to see existing system? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What error messages is she getting? 

And is the iPhone connected to the same WiFi signal as the Android?

She is using the iPhone app, which says no Sonos product is found, and she’s on the same network as the Sonos Port.  We have been unable to join an existing network and can’t add a new product, the 2 options offered by the app.  We uninstalled and reinstalled the app and have tuenred off Wifi and turned it back on again.  The Port & app work fine on my Galaxy S22 Android phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is this a work phone? Does the app have all clearances for looking for other devices on the network?

Also make sure that she is using the S2 version of the app, assuming your system is on S2.

Thanks to all who responded to our question.

It is not a work phone - just a standard personal iPhone 8s.

She is using the S2 version of the app, which is the same I am using on my Android.

Make sure there is no VPN running on her phone.

Userlevel 7

Hi

Make sure you can check all boxes below (some have already mentioned):

• iPhone iOS is up to date
  • Sonos App is up to date (S2 or S1)
  • No VPN installed on iPhone or Network (permissions may be required)
  • iPhone has connection to Wi-Fi *
  • iPhone has connection to SAME Wi-Fi as your phone and the Sonos system
  • The network connection to WiFi is YOURS and not a community Wi-Fi (found in some condos and apartments)

If all the above checks out as affirmative check the internal storage of the iPhone to verify there's enough space to run the Sonos App: **

• Go to > Settings > General > iPhone Storage 

* Wi-Fi in this post is synonymous with Network

** Insufficient internal storage can prevent the iOS from updating 

Thanks AJTrek1, and the earlier respondents as well - your help is sincerely appreciated.  I'll go thru the list(s) carefully as soon as I can.

I'm reminded of previous Sonos connectivity  issues that appear to have resulted from the Sonos device(s) and the app-device needing to be connected to local Wifi on the same access point (for mesh/multiple access point Wifi)  in order to successfully communicate.  I'll let you all know if that situation appears relevant in this case after checking out your suggestions.