Answered

ALARM What are the developers of the iOS app 8 on???

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

REMOVED THE ALARM FUNCTION 

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/set-an-alarm-on-sonos

what do you all think?

icon

Best answer by sleeg 9 May 2024, 14:49

View original

28 replies

I think if you are going to be abusive to total strangers over the internet, you ought to at least spell the abusive terms correctly.  Unless you intended to call them a random Irish surname?

Userlevel 3

They are going abusive to me tomorrow in the morning, when because of their utter stupidity I get awakened at 5:30  despite being a public holiday.

They don’t seem to own a single brain cell if they remove such core functions from the set-up while keeping them working nevertheless.

They should be awakened by some ships siren every half hour until they get their basics done, this is a sign of complete neglect of customers wishes for pure greed and/or lazyness.

Userlevel 2

We also use the alarm and we hope this will be solved quickly because otherwise we will have to buy an alarm clock again 😴😴

Userlevel 3

Yes! Reinstate the alarm clock immediately!!! What were you thinking deleting it? And also to not inform your users about it? I just found out in time. Why do you think people have a sonos speakers in their bedrooms?

Userlevel 2

I too am so unhappy about this. An obvious miss. A basic feature removed.  No mention anywhere.  I just bought a home entertainment system months ago - please don’t make me regret it and fix this.  

Userlevel 3

It is utterly unacceptable that essential functions such as setting alarms  and controlling audio equalizer have been removed without any prior warning or justification.

These features were not only convenient but also integral to my daily use of Sonos products. Their removal has severely hindered my experience and significantly diminished the value of your products to me.

I expect a clear explanation for why these functions were removed and a timeline for their reinstatement. Failure to address this issue promptly will force me to reconsider my loyalty to the Sonos brand.

I urge you to prioritize the needs and satisfaction of your customers moving forward. Anything less is simply unacceptable.

Disappointed and frustrated,

Badge

I use the sleep function to help me get to sleep, fortunately I haven’t updated my phone app and  still have the old version on my Android phone so will need to use that till they sort it

Userlevel 1

Disabling the alarm and sleep timer functions makes the entire system completely useless for me. I’m afraid I will have to change to another system unless they get these back for our use. Is there any way to get the old version of the app back?

Userlevel 1

I cannot believe the utter stupidity of pushing out a new app without the alarm feature. We use it every day! And to think that going to a computer to manage alarms is a fix, who has computers at home these days? 

Honestly just browsing the new app, I hate it and think it’s cluttered. They obviously think it’s fantastic but fail to maintain basic features like an alarm and managing the equalizer. This is not some $100 system we are talking about. It’s supposed to be an audiophile’s dream. Just another example of *  under the guise of improvement. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 2
Badge

You can control alarms as per usual in the desktop apps. This is stated very clearly in the support article linked in the original post:

“As a temporary workaround, please use the Sonos app for macOS or Windows for full control over your system’s alarms.”

Let me restate because it seems people are literally not grokking this info:

• download the windows or Mac app
  • launch it and sign in
  • edit your alarms, add new alarms, remove alarms, it all works as per usual
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Why should we as a customer have to use a workaround for Sonos’ mistake in removing it?!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Why should we as a customer have to use a workaround for Sonos’ mistake in removing it?!

No one has to do anything if they don’t want to, but it seems silly to not use the recommended method to manage alarms if one really needs to do so, which a lot of people in this thread are saying they do.

We also use the alarm and we hope this will be solved quickly because otherwise we will have to buy an alarm clock again 😴😴

At the risk of stating the obvious, your android/iphone surely has an alarm feature.

I’m not at all saying that it’s an excuse for the missing alarm control in the sonos app currently, but you really don’t need to be out buying products as a temporary replacement.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

So are you telling me Windows and Mac are available on the iOS App Store so I can use them on my phone or iPad?  If not it’s a brick wall for me to “wanting” to. If they are then why does the links on the help page take me there rather than a .exe file.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

At the risk of stating the obvious, your android/iphone surely has an alarm feature.

I’m not at all saying that it’s an excuse for the missing alarm control in the sonos app currently, but you really don’t need to be out buying products as a temporary replacement.

lol.  We all want our music on an integrated system not have a New one to use because Sonos have messed up.

Userlevel 1

You can control alarms as per usual in the desktop apps. This is stated very clearly in the support article linked in the original post:

“As a temporary workaround, please use the Sonos app for macOS or Windows for full control over your system’s alarms.”

• launch it and sign in

You’re right but if we don’t have PC what we can do?

Userlevel 1

I am unhappy about this, too. My hope is that the function itself still exists, so I need the App only if I do want to change something.

If I am right, I will know in 6 hours... 

But it still is completly unacceptable to make those changes without warning. 

Userlevel 1

Utterly unbelievable that the alarm function has been removed in an “update” more like a downgrade!!! 
please return the function immediately. 
you will lose millions of loyal customers with this catastrophic decision. 

Userlevel 1

As a C Level IT Professional I cannot understand why Sonos did not learn from the previous App Fumbles. I guess Sonos just lets the developers have their way with no regard to the people (customers) that pay their salaries. I have fired people for smaller blunders. Sometimes when you are at the top you loose site of how you actually made it to the top. Sonos has the best sounding WIFI speakers on the market. However, your products rely 100% on an app. The app is the UI (User Interface) and the repeat blunders of alienating customers is incomprehensible. Your ENTIRE product line relays on a functional user experience. I do not have a development background but I do have a successful leadership background in a customer service environment and I bet I could turn the SONOS ship around and guide a development team to greatness that only exists in your CEO’s wildest dreams. Assuming SONOS is not looking to fire/hire I challenge you to keep your customer experience at the top of every list. Try taking away someone’s bonus and see what happens to moral and productivity. Your entire customer base is offended each and every time you push an update that is half baked…and the company will not survive with a half baked attitude. 

This is absolutely unacceptable for a system that’s supposed to be premium. As a long time fan and customer of Sonos products, it is more than disappointing to lose the most basic of features a an alarm. Sonos is going backwards and doesn’t seem to have developers that actually use their own products or understand how their customers use them. PLASE FIX THIS SONOS. Thank you. 

• launch it and sign in

This work around doesn’t work for me, I only have the option to use the Mac web app and it’s not showing alarms in here where it is supposed to, any advice please?🙏 

Think the main issue people are facing is the alarms previously set which you can’t unset 🤣. The web option won’t work for me either. Potluck what time I got up last week to get up until the app is resolved….

Userlevel 1

The ability to use the Mac or Windows desktop app is clearly stated. However, those devices don’t live in my pocket, on my bedside table, on my patio…my point is when/where I typically use my app I don’t want to stop what I am doing walk to another room just to complete a task that I could a week ago by simply pulling my phone out of my pocket. 

Userlevel 3

The Mac or Windows desktop apps work only for Mac or Windows, not for Linux.

Userlevel 2

The app has been updated with the alarm back on it.