Answered

Can't login to app even though I know password is correct and have reset multiple times

• 4 May 2020
  • 8 replies

As title.

Can login on the web version (hence i can write this question!), but can’t login to use my Andriod app.

I have reset the password multiple times, have uninstalled the app, have reset the app, have tried to set up a new account… None of these things worked.

Help please!

Many thanks 

icon

Best answer by John B 4 May 2020, 17:46

What is puzzling me is that you shuoldn’t have to log in in order to update the controller or system.  I don’t recall when I last had to log in to the app.  I think you are going to have to call Sonos Support or risk a lot more frustration and wasted time.

View original

8 replies

I am sure you must have checked this, but under Settings, Account, the email address is identical to that you use on the web?

There isn’t one as i can’t login to the app. But when I try to login I use the same email as the web version i’m currently logged in to…

So when you reinstalled the app, and selected ‘connect to existing system’, does it do so?  If not, what error message do you get?  Only certain Settings are ‘behind’ a login so what happens if you tap Settings?

What version of Android are you running?

I can connect to my existing system no probs, although one of our speaker needs an update so isn’t working… which is why i’m trying to login. But that aside, the system is fine.

The problem is very specific to my password. Settings works, although I can’t sign in of course.

When I try to sign in it says my password is wrong (even though I know it isn’t as i’ve been able to log in on the web version of Sonos). When I try to reset the password via the “forgot password” link on the app, I get an email in my email account, follow the link and rest with a viable password as directed. Having reset my password, successfully, I still can’t get in even though it says all has been reset successfully. I can now get onto the web version with the new password but not my app.

Quite frustrating!

Latest Android. Just updated today in fact

What is puzzling me is that you shuoldn’t have to log in in order to update the controller or system.  I don’t recall when I last had to log in to the app.  I think you are going to have to call Sonos Support or risk a lot more frustration and wasted time.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your help anyway

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Calling our support will get you all sorted out. One more thing I’d look into, is that if it’s asking you to log in, it might not show the full email, just some ***s, if so, it’s possible the email has a typo in it and there are 2 accounts that are very similar, but not the same one. If that’s the case, you could try changing email in the Sonos app, or try to reset your password using the App and see if you get the reset email to the correct address.