YouTube Music playlist problem - only 100 songs?

• 12 September 2023
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a 17 device setup and have extensive 300+ song playlists on YouTube Music.

They're leftover from the days when Google Play Music worked flawlessly with direct casting to Sonos, pre lawsuit days.

Until recently everything worked fine, but today I noticed that the playlists are limited to top 100 songs, the rest do not show up!

I deleted the service, reauthorized it, only to run into the same issue.

Any advice of how to fix this?

36 replies

So I just added the 101 track to my play list on YouTube music and it didn't show up in the Sonos app. I went back to YouTube and deleted the first song in the playlist and the last song I added showed up in the Sonos app. I have 22 sonos devices and a Roam, so 23. The software experience has gotten very bad. If I hadn't sunk so much money into the hardware, I'd sell it all... The Sonos experience used to be enjoyable, professional, and consistent. It's none of those anymore.  JB

So I just added the 101 track to my play list on YouTube music and it didn't show up in the Sonos app. I went back to YouTube and deleted the first song in the playlist and the last song I added showed up in the Sonos app. I have 22 sonos devices and a Roam, so 23. The software experience has gotten very bad. If I hadn't sunk so much money into the hardware, I'd sell it all... The Sonos experience used to be enjoyable, professional, and consistent. It's none of those anymore.  JB

This must be down to a Google/YTM limitation, as I can happily add larger playlists to play on my Sonos speakers via Amazon Music, Apple Music and Deezer. So it’s not something that Sonos appear to be limiting, otherwise I would expect to see that same limit applied across the board to all the services in their App.

same issue here. It cuts off at 100 songs. They claim it is a Youtube issue -
Hard to believe. This should be fixed as this is a major issue when trying to stay in the Sonos eco-system. 

same issue here. It cuts off at 100 songs. They claim it is a Youtube issue -
Hard to believe. This should be fixed as this is a major issue when trying to stay in the Sonos eco-system. 

I would go ask Google YouTube Music Customer Support, as when such a limit has been applied to some services in the past it turned out to be an error. The last case I recall was Amazon and their customers complained and it quickly got corrected and put back to 500 tracks (which is what the Amazon playlist track-limit has been for as far back as I can recall)

same issue here. Sonos limits the playlist to 100 songs. Took me forever to figure out why the songs in my Youtube Music playlist done’t show up on Sonos. We have Sonos ceiling speakers all over the house and spend a lot of money on amps etc. We are so regretting this. The entire family is on Youtube Music and not being able to cast directly is incredibly annoying. Now Sonos restricts playlist and tells its customers to speak to google about it. Really not cool Sonos. We wish we would have known all this before. We would never have chosen Sonos as our main sound system. 

This must be down to a Google/YTM limitation, as I can happily add larger playlists to play on my Sonos speakers via Amazon Music, Apple Music and Deezer. So it’s not something that Sonos appear to be limiting, otherwise I would expect to see that same limit applied across the board to all the services in their App.

you can also easily cast directly from Apple Music and other services to Sonos speakers but not from Youtube Music. I am hearing its because of law suites between Sonos and Google and therefore Sonos is not allowing Youtube Music customers to cast direct. Sonos is making us using their terrible app. Now they limit the number of playlist songs. Just to be clear, Youtube Music playlists work fine with more then 100 songs on other devices, just not on Sonos

you can also easily cast directly from Apple Music and other services to Sonos speakers but not from Youtube Music. I am hearing its because of law suites between Sonos and Google and therefore Sonos is not allowing Youtube Music customers to cast direct. Sonos is making us using their terrible app. Now they limit the number of playlist songs. Just to be clear, Youtube Music playlists work fine with more then 100 songs on other devices, just not on Sonos

I just use Airplay mostly, or sometimes I may use Bluetooth - there are also UPnP Apps that will allow playback on Sonos speakers… so there’s still plenty of further options.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Had a wee chat with support earlier on this one. They obviously haven't figured this out yet. 

One way or another YT Music integration could be improved. Sort out your issues with Google and bring back Casting for starters. A half baked effort at supporting a service is worse than non at all.

Same issue here - went to my Youtube Music Playlist via the Sonos app and only saw 100 songs. Unbelievable.

Definitely a new issue as of a few months ago as never had an issue before.

Between this and the constant pushing to buy all new S2 devices by Sonos, it seems Sonos is just going downhill. It’s sad to see this has been an issue for months and all Sonos is doing is pushing the buck on Google.

Issue still remains for me.

I still have only roughly 100 songs showing up in the YTM Playlist in Sonos App.

Sadly no improvement until now.

I now have more than 100 songs on using the Sonos app with my YT playlist.  But it seems to be the same 100 songs.  So the limit was 100 now I have more but it's the same 100 songs repeated? (each song is on the playlist two or three times)