YouTube Music playlist problem - only 100 songs?

• 12 September 2023
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a 17 device setup and have extensive 300+ song playlists on YouTube Music.

They're leftover from the days when Google Play Music worked flawlessly with direct casting to Sonos, pre lawsuit days.

Until recently everything worked fine, but today I noticed that the playlists are limited to top 100 songs, the rest do not show up!

I deleted the service, reauthorized it, only to run into the same issue.

Any advice of how to fix this?

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @lithdoc,

I’ve seen issues with YouTube Music failing to show more that 999 songs, but not 100. 

You’ve performed what I would recommend to try to resolve the issue, so I would recommend you reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I reached out to support team and they told me to reach YouTube. They even remoted into my phone, saw everything and said "we don't know."

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @lithdoc,

I’ve seen issues with YouTube Music failing to show more that 999 songs, but not 100. 

You’ve performed what I would recommend to try to resolve the issue, so I would recommend you reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

The support team said “she does not know” and “maybe the problem is with YouTube.”

That’s it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @lithdoc

Thank you for sharing your interaction with our support team. I’ve found your case in our system and have forwarded it to the relevant team who may email you regarding this using the email linked on your community profile if that is fine with you.

I would recommend keeping your case number handy and I will let you know if I hear anything.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @lithdoc

Thank you for sharing your interaction with our support team. I’ve found your case in our system and have forwarded it to the relevant team who may email you regarding this using the email linked on your community profile if that is fine with you.

I would recommend keeping your case number handy and I will let you know if I hear anything.

Another thing I noticed is that after deleting and adding YouTube Music again is that the icon is now blank.

I'm thinking something has changed on YTM end and Sonos is unaware.

Badge

Just adding that I am having the same problem with YT music playlists.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just adding that I am having the same problem with YT music playlists.

Thank you for letting everyone know that this is not an isolated issue. 

The same thing happened to me. I just noticed it today. I have a couple of Playlists on YouTube that are 100+ songs and now I'm really sad I can't access the entire list. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The same thing happened to me. I just noticed it today. I have a couple of Playlists on YouTube that are 100+ songs and now I'm really sad I can't access the entire list. 

Please keep bringing more attention to this.

The answer I got from Sonos is that it's somehow my fault, but it's clearly not.

This happened to me before in the past and they resolved it with extending the amount of songs allowed. But the issue is back today and they don’t know what the fix is. 

The Sonos Music API (SMAPI) allows each streaming company to set their own limit on the length of the  playlist, as it is defined on the streaming service’s server. Any ‘issues’ you may have with YouTube music probably need to be communicated directly to YouTube. 

I spoke with YouTube already and they’ve said they’ve extended the playlist to 999. The issue is on Sonos end. 

Same issue here. This is happening on both S1 and S2 app. Spoke to Sonos support with case # 05341635. They brushed it off as something on YT’s end. This is extremely frustrating. Now you can see all the playlist when you look at the queue but not on the main page. Why can’t Sonos and YT communicate on this and have it resolved. This is happening recently so obviously someone here has changed a setting. 

I just came up with a solution. Import your complete YT playlist into a Sonos Playlist and you are able to see all of the songs. I know it’s not the a final solution but it takes care of the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I spoke with YouTube already and they’ve said they’ve extended the playlist to 999. The issue is on Sonos end. 

Um whoever you spoke to has no idea what they are talking about. Size limit is 100% determined by he music service, YTM in this case.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The problem still persists.

Sonos, any solution?

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Want to keep this thread alive as the issue persists.

Is there a solution on the horizon?

I have a $4000+ set up with limited functionality.

What does YouTube say? They set these numbers on their own servers, they aren’t set by Sonos. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

YouTube is pointing finger at Sonos.

I have a feeling that the whole issue is the ongoing lawsuits and their reversals.

Sonos will not reach out to YouTube or Google to settle this issue as there are probably more underlying things at hand.

What's concerning the most is lack of any official statement from Sonos. As far as YouTube is concerned, the playlists are full and fully existing on their end.

I have the same issue, appeared around a month ago.  Sonos say it's YouTube, YouTube say it's Sonos.  The customer suffers.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Seems like Sonos is aware but is quiet.

Offering customers "to unlock free shipping" seems to be the priority.

So I found a way around this.  Create a Sonos Playlist, add music, navigate to your YTM playlist, click the three dots top right and add to playlist.  Worked for me, hope it helps others.

Let's keep this thread going…

Same thing happened here. I've been using the S1 app for yrs and in the last 2 months my 200 song playlist just shrunk to 100. The weird thing is when I hit shuffle in the S1 app all my songs play... I just can't purposely pick the songs I cannot see. 

As my playlist grows all my favorites are the newest downloads so I'm stuck with a song I added a yr or 2 ago.

Help pls

Me too. Youtube didn’t cut the song limit in playlist. Only Sonos limit the showing of my playlist. I believe Sonos should do some research and fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Me too. Youtube didn’t cut the song limit in playlist. Only Sonos limit the showing of my playlist. I believe Sonos should do some research and fix it.

Yes they did, Sonos do not limit the size of any SMAPI container, any limits are imposed by the individual music services. The app just gulps them down in pages of size 200 items.