Skip to main content
Answered

Weird entries in Spotify playlists

• 1 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Today, I’m accessing standard Spotify playlists in Sonos (Mac app) and there are weird entries in the playlist. Apologies for the miserably bad red lines around the issues.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @vinnym70,

The screen you’re showing is the Sonos queue. While I’m not sure what added those tracks into the queue, it can be populated with tracks outside of a playlist.

If you clear the Sonos queue and start the playlist again, does it add random tracks in again? I tested on my system and I’m not able to replicate with my own playlists or Spotify curated playlists.

I would suggest you re-authorize Spotify in your Sonos system by going to Settings → Services & Voice → Spotify → Reauthorize Account. Once you’ve done that, clear the queue again and add your playlist, then check if it is again populated by random tracks.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Spotify has a feature for their playlists that adds random items to it called “enhanced playlists”. It is apparently too easy to do this accidentally in the Spotify app, per reddit.