Question

Spotify Skipping Songs halfway through

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I’ve had the same problem with Spotify jumping tracks and been through the various solutions without any joy. Support confirmed to me that this appeared to be a growing issue and would investigate further - still awaiting an update on this. 

Playing music through the Spotify app and using devices available option appears to be working for me without any issues which suggests the issue is with the Sonos apps - both S1 and S2.

Same issue for me and much worse with the new version 2 app. Any way to get this fixed?

Yes, switch music services.  I have yet to find one I like as much.  Tried Apple Music, hated it.  Using Deezer currently, its a really slick app and service, but hard to find well curated play lists.  Going to give Tidal a shot next.

I tried everything and still just kept having the same issues.  I switched to a SonosNet, tried different spotify accounts, DNS services, ran it with all of my wifi equipment off, different switches.  Drove me nuts enough that I ended my relationship with spotify.

Hello @leeparkers, and welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with playing your music. I took a look at that diagnostic you sent us, and I am seeing some strong wireless interference on your speakers. 

This can be caused by multiple sources. If you take a look at our article on reducing wireless interference, you can locate these sources, and help alleviate this issue. It looks like the Bedroom speaker is suffering the most. What is around that speaker?

I have been having this issue for months.  Spent hours with SONOS support, for them to tell me, “The problem is with Spotify, not Sonos.”

Just updated to the new S2 App, and updated all speakers.  The issue remains, and now appears to be skipping more often.  I get the issue when I use the SONOS app and when I start streaming in the Spotify app and use Spotify Connect.

Any resolution currently, or on the horizon?  Or do I find a different premium streaming service? I really don’t want to switch to Apple Music, but this issue is ruining my listening experience at home.