Answered

sonos wont play bbc radio

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

It does beg the question as to whether these folks have read the Announcements thread (linked in the big black button on this very page, titled “Important Update to BBC Live Radio Access”, and are still trying to use TuneIn to access the BBC. 

‘These folks’ haven’t used TuneIn for many years, when it stopped working, and if we had been trying to do so then this thread would be older than 4 days!

BBC radio (all stations) have stopped working on two different Sonos systems that I use, one is S1 and the other is S2.  

Being able to read isn’t my problem.  Not being able to get BBC radio to play on my Sonos systems is!

BBC Radio is working fine here on S1 software. In the UK, you appear to need a BBC account - it hepled that I could just use my existing one to sign in.

I have a BBC account.  Sonos doesn’t ask me to login to it.  It just won’t play when the station is selected. 

Won’t work on the S2 system in the office either.

Works fine on my Echo Dots without having to login to BBC.