Sonos S1 hangs when attempting to add any music service

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

59 replies

I’m curious as to what Sonos Support said, when you called in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Anyone with Spotify it may be worth trying to connect to your S1 system with the Spotify App to get at least some use out of it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Same issue can't add any service making Sonos system useless. I have 7 speakers from Sonos and can't even play music on s1 system , my S2 works no problem with home theater but all garden and kitchen stuff can't be used...

Suddenly decided to try again today and the Sonos1 app allowed me to add Spotify.  Only things I did since the last time I added a response to this thread were: A. Reboot my phone at some point B. Update my iOS at some point in the last week C. Connect to my friends Sonos2 hardware via the Sonos2 app.  I don’t know if any of the above individually had an impact but when I decided to try again this evening the Sonos1 app allowed me to add additional services and it worked. Go figure.

I had the same issue on Sunday. Hope it is now fixed.

Same issue here. Tried from my iphone12 and my wife’s iphone14 and neither will get past the spinning wheel . Reinstalling S1 app and rebooting the device does not work. Why you cannot add apple music from a MAC S1 app is also frustrating, The message reads that you have to add apple music from an IOS or Android device. Endless loop of frustration 

I signed up for a “paid” Spotify account today and went to add it as a music service on Sonos S1 app and received the same error as popguru above (24 days ago), spinning logo with no ability to “Add Music Services”.

I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps (rebooted all devices, identified the “associated Sonos device” and unplugged it and gave the Sonos app the ability to assign a new “associated device” and then did the S1 app iPhone app reset) provided in subsequent replies to popguru’s post and none has worked.

Is Sonos working on a solution to this issue?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @popguru et al

To confirm what @doctorbee just reported, we now consider this issue resolved. If you continue to experience this issue, please get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

I can play music with other services but it’s not possible to add the Spotify paid account because the S1 app no longer lists music services one can add.  

I’m hoping Sonos sees this thread so perhaps someone from Sonos can reply to my original question:

Is Sonos working on a solution?

Thanks!