Answered

Sonos Radio Reauthorize

• 11 December 2020
  • 39 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

and another me too.

Was happily playing 6 Music, went to change to Radio2 and failed to play, a tunein source played no problem, went into Music Source → Sonos Radio, instantly got need to re-auth message, clicked OK and all fine again.

Happens every couple of weeks

I have the same issue - Sonos Radio set as an alarm - regularly get chime instead and I have to reauthorise to fix it…... 

Tucker J

I would perhaps try a different ‘fixed’ non-overlapping 2.4ghz WiFi channel within your router setup, most routers default to channel 6, so perhaps try either channel 1 or 11. 

If you also have one or more Sonos devices wired to the LAN, then goto "Settings/System/Network” in the Sonos App and set your SonosNet channel at least 5 channels away from your chosen router channel and keep any ‘wired’ Sonos devices at least three feet away from other ‘wireless devices’, particularly away from the router, or other WiFi access points, then see if that fixes your ‘alarm’ issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for comments.

I have already implemented much of what you say.

Home network is channel 1 and Sonos was forced to 11. When left to select the optimal Sonos chose 1! How does that work?

All Sonos units are well away from any other wireless units including phones.

I am at the end of my line trying to diagnose and repair. I am not sure what else I can do.

Thanks for comments.

I have already implemented much of what you say.

Home network is channel 1 and Sonos was forced to 11. When left to select the optimal Sonos chose 1! How does that work?

All Sonos units are well away from any other wireless units including phones.

I am at the end of my line trying to diagnose and repair. I am not sure what else I can do.

Just change the WiFi channels manually, perhaps try your router on 1, 6 or 11 (fix the channel) use a 20MHz channel width for the 2.4ghz band and set the SonosNet channel so it’s on a different channel to the router - give each setting half and hour to see which combination works best, or you can begin the process by scanning your environment with a free software scanner like WiFiInfoView (as an example) just to see which are the least-used WiFi channels at your location. A bit of experimenting should soon sort the issue.. even changing the channel width to the recommended 20MHz will greatly help.

I have the same issue, exactly. I have done the things minus the reporting, but plainly it’s not a problem with my system. This is a problem with the app, please fix your stuff Sonos.

TuckerJ,

I forgot to mention to also check the Sonos Status Page when you next encounter an issue:

https://status.sonos.com

Just in case there is a temporary outage of the Sonos Radio Service… which may ‘perhaps’ occasionally happen too, from time to time, just to save you the time and trouble of reporting.

Badge

The same issues today … Diagnostic# is 1059917746. Will report to Sonos later today.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m going to remove and add Sonos radio. Will also prune other unused services.

Network has been checked and configured as advised. 

is there any recommended method? Should I also remove app from my devices and reinstall? Just keen to follow the recommended method to remove and reinstall Sonos radio for best chance of success. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

As long as the channels on the router are fixed and not auto-selected and set 5 (or more) channels away from the SonosNet channel, then you should be fine - if not, try different ‘non-overlapping’ channels.

Set the 2.4ghz channel-width to 20MHz and the 5ghz channel-width to 40MHz.

Keep any wired Sonos devices away from the router or other wireless devices (at least 3 feet away) to reduce interference.

You may find also this video helpful:

Wireless Interference and Sonos

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the pointers. I don’t have any neighbours close enough to overlap. When I scan WiFi 11 has no traffic visible if I switch Sonos off. My home WiFi is on 1 but all devices connect on 5ghz. Router shows no devices on 2.4.

I’m a bit baffled and I suppose a bit frustrated by the whole thing. Unsure what to do. I also hate feeling out of control!

Badge

Quick update. Tried contacting Sonos in Norway, and after ½ hour unfortunately the answer was: we can’t help you… 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just submitted 766185134 as it did it again this morning

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have been having the same problem.  I have to reauthorize every 1-2 weeks.  Not a major problem but it is a problem that should be addressed and fixed by Sonos.  Instead, they will just respond with the same infuriating answers (check your cable, isp speed, wifi channel etc) when they know damn well it is a common problem occurring with many accounts.  Sonos support … same as it ever was...