Skip to main content
Question

S1 application does not show Apple Music playlist names. Everything is blank, but is otherwise there.

Like a lot of people I have not been happy with the new Sonos application. I decided to start downgrading my connect amps to the S1. Upon doing this, I use Apple Music and every tab works fine except playlist. When I go into playlist, they are all there, but all of them are missing their names. Everything is blank on the playlist tab except there are obviously separate playlist.   When I click on one the songs are there, but the name of the playlist is not at the top. The tracks are playing and I can see the name of the tracks. I am unable to to determine the name of the playlist out of many of them.   Is this a problem on my end or is what has become of Apple Music on the s1 application? Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same issue.  Both Apple Music and Deezer Music...same thing.  No name and no image for my many playlists I have built over the years. 

Sonos...you charge too much for these kinds of software problems to persist...

Same problem here. Adding to my Sonos kind of works, but now the Apple made playlists don't show either. I play alot of Apple essential playlists. I can't really access these now as there is no text. I have to go into the music app take a mental note of the thumb nail then try and desipher in the S1 app. My personal playlist issue isn't great either but at least I can see them now so thanks for the work around

Exact same issue here. My Sonos speaker nextwork has multiple 1st generation speakers so I never stopped using the S1 app. But as reported, I have no Apple playlist names or thumbnails when browsing through the S1 app.  So I just randomly click on blank playlists until I find the right one. Thanks to the forum for letting me know this is a shared problem.

Same issue.  Been going on for a while. Seems Sonos doesn’t care. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Like a lot of people I have not been happy with the new Sonos application. I decided to start downgrading my connect amps to the S1. Upon doing this, I use Apple Music and every tab works fine except playlist. When I go into playlist, they are all there, but all of them are missing their names. Everything is blank on the playlist tab except there are obviously separate playlist.   When I click on one the songs are there, but the name of the playlist is not at the top. The tracks are playing and I can see the name of the tracks. I am unable to to determine the name of the playlist out of many of them.   Is this a problem on my end or is what has become of Apple Music on the s1 application? Thank you. 

I have the same problem. Also, every time I use the Sonos 1 app, it doesn’t recognize my system. I reconnect, twice, before I can play anything. Sonos software is bug infested. I am about to buy a Bluetooth sound system; it can’t be more frustrating than Sonos. 

Userlevel 2

Adding my name to the affected list.

Here is an okay workaround. Go into the Apple Music app and change the playlist’s thumbnail so that the title of the playlist is part of the thumbnail. Save it. Go back to the Sonos S1 app, and it should update to show the thumbnail (and title in tiny font).

Same here. The workaround for my custom playlists is all very well but that doesn’t help with Apple’s own playlists, where I often go to listen to something new.