Answered

New Windows 11 refuses Sonos access to Music Library

• 27 November 2022
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

And I had no problem with Sonos accessing my Music Library on my Win10.  With so many people now using Win11 and with Sonos being popular, it is hard to believe that my situation would be unique enough for  Sonos tech support not to have encountered it before me and to have a ready solution.

Unfortunately, I’m not a W11 user. I know that W10 can be a pain with respect to SMBv1, but you are not at that point yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Already set the network to private even before consulting tech support.  Sonos tech, amongst many other things, tried the IP address instead of the computer name.  Still no success.

As you setup your home network make sure that it is “private”.

In the SONOS library setup dialog sometimes, giving the IP address of the computer, rather than its name is helpful. Eventually, probably be challenged for the share’s username and password.

Userlevel 1
Badge

No.  I wasn’t allowed to create a computer name with odd characters.  After initial messages when I tried to connect with the Music Library indicating that the computer could not be found, now the messages are that the computer refuses to let Sonos connect with it.  Sonos correctly identifies the computer name.

Does the computer name have any ‘odd’ characters in it, like a hyphen?

Userlevel 1
Badge

No.  Just “The computer [computer name] refused to let Sonos connect to it.” when trying to add the Music Library.

Are there any error messages?