Mixcloud skips tracks

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Same here. Some mixes skip after a while, some cannot be played at all sometimes, but after a couple of retries they start. If I try to fast forward on some mixes it also sometimes works and sometimes refuses to play this particular mix. It then restarts with the next entry in the playlist.

I experience this since about 6 months and it's certainly an issue between Sonos and Mixcloud. Using the mixcloud app to stream to other devices (I'm on android so airplay is not an option), it works seamlessly. 

Would love to see a solution here....

Bump! Any updates?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! We greatly appreciate you being a part of the Sonos family. It is our pleasure.

Recently we’ve had an outage with Mixcloud and already been resolved. Try to remove and re-dd the music service in the Sonos app then submit a diagnostic report of your system if you’re still getting the same issue. Reply to us with the confirmation number. 

We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Is there an update on this request available yet? I’m having exactly the same problem i.e all other services work perfectly OK but when playing a Mixcloud mix that is longer than 30mins I’m only ever allowed to listen to the first 30(ish) minutes before Mixcloud automatically skips to the next mix in it’s playlist.

The fact that Mixcloud is able to play the next mix in it’s playlist suggests this isn’t a network issue as the connection remains stable enough for it to play something, it just refuses to play the full duration of the mix I requested.

Thanks

Same issue observed after removing and then re-adding the Mixcloud music service.

Problem occurred 40 minutes into an hour long mix.

Diagnostics number is 1922032855.

So after changing the Sonosnet channel from 11 to 6 I have done some listening/testing on both the Play:5s and the Port.

This seems to have rectified the issue and I have not experienced Mixcloud skipping using the Sonos app.

I appreciate the help solving the problem. Thank you.

Seems to be resolved for now, I did not encounter it during the last 2 weeks. Hope it stays like that. 

Userlevel 1

I am also having this problem (specifically with Mixcloud) and retracing steps advised here. Fingers crossed.