Skip to main content
Question

Issues with sonos product not appearing in the app

• 8 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Sonos Team,

Since the recent app update, I’ve encountered several critical issues:

1. *All my products (Playbar, Sub, Sonos 1 x2) have disappeared from the app.*
2. *I performed a factory reset on each device to reconnect them, but they are not reconnecting.*
3. *The Playbar shows an error indicating it's connected but doesn't appear in the app.* I’ve attached a screenshot of this error and followed the suggested steps without success.
4. *The Sonos 1 speakers get the same error message as the Playbar.*
5. *The Playbar does show up on my WiFi network.*

Everything was working perfectly before the update without any issues. Please advise on how to resolve these problems as soon as possible.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m having the same issue! Any luck? It’s good that Sonos has replied to help…..

We have tried with iPhone, Android and PCs.  Used two different wireless networks.  It finds the unit, goes all the way to the end of setting it up and then is just not in the app.  We did get it once.  Then it dropped out again.  We have tried everything we can to get it to add.  

It just seems so odd that the phones can see the device, go all the way through setup including hooking to the soundbar and it just does not show up on the app.  

Very frustrating.  

These type of issues can be caused by a variety of things from settings in the router to software running on the controller and things on the network too, such as WiFi range extenders, switches etc. The best/easiest thing to do is to reproduce the issue(s) seen and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App (if able), note it’s reference and contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to help you to resolve the matter. It will be easier to resolve these type of issues over the phone, rather than detailing everything in posts here.

Hope the matter can get resolved for you. 👍