How to disable Sonos Radio?

• 1 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I have over a dozen Sonos products in my home and have been a loyal customer since 2016.  I’m a huge fan of Sonos speakers and use the app daily.

One thing that is incredibly annoying is Sonos Radio.  How do I remove or disable Sonos Radio from the app?  I use Apple Music, so Sonos Radio just complicates things when using voice control or the app to search for songs.  There has to be a way to disable it, right? 

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Highznberg, welcome to the Sonos Community!

You can’t remove Sonos Radio from the Sonos app, however using New Search will show the most used services on your household at the top of the list. You can also set a default music service in the Alexa app and Sonos will use this when you give the system a voice command.

I hope this information helps!

That's ridiculous. The local music library has disappeared in the new search and this new search is offered as an alternative? Sonos Radio somehow remains permanently in second place in the search sequence, even though I have never used it. How do you come to the conclusion that you are making an already not particularly good piece of software even less attractive by so obviously trying to foist services on your customers that they really don't want and telling you so?