Skip to main content

Dolby Atmos not exactly gapless

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

With either Apple Music or Amazon Music Unlimited I do not get perfect gapless playback.  I say not perfect because there is not an actual gap instead there is something I would define as a “bump in the road”.  Although this happens at every track change it is most apparent when the track change is during a loud passage.

Looks like I can’t attach a video to demonstrate the issue.  So if someone with the system Arc-Sub-ERA 300s could try the above example and report back I would love to hear what you hear.

Try this link though.

https://photos.onedrive.com/share/F9ECAB971E7E522D!1647?cid=F9ECAB971E7E522D&resId=F9ECAB971E7E522D!1647&authkey=!AOzf9ZCR57vHnbI&ithint=video&e=XTvtSS

2 replies

I am having same problem as you.  I only use Apple Music and listen to a lot of dj mixes, which should be gapless between tracks but you can definitely tell there is a bump or issue when it transitions from one track to the next.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Doesn’t seem to be much interest in this Atmos gapless issue right now.  I’m sure because of the 80.—- app problems the gapless issue will not be addressed at this point.  Yet the only reason I hang on to Sonos is because it’s my Atmos setup right now.  The “Bump” at loud track transitions is very distracting.  So I hope at some time in the near future this will be looked into.

I did send the CEO the video from the first post demonstrating the “bump” during the transition from track 2 to track 3 with the composition Stravinsky: Rite of Spring ( all of them ).