Skip to main content

Dolby Atmos not exactly gapless

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

With either Apple Music or Amazon Music Unlimited I do not get perfect gapless playback.  I say not perfect because there is not an actual gap instead there is something I would define as a “bump in the road”.  Although this happens at every track change it is most apparent when the track change is during a loud passage.

Looks like I can’t attach a video to demonstrate the issue.  So if someone with the system Arc-Sub-ERA 300s could try the above example and report back I would love to hear what you hear.

Try this link though.

https://photos.onedrive.com/share/F9ECAB971E7E522D!1647?cid=F9ECAB971E7E522D&resId=F9ECAB971E7E522D!1647&authkey=!AOzf9ZCR57vHnbI&ithint=video&e=XTvtSS

I am having same problem as you.  I only use Apple Music and listen to a lot of dj mixes, which should be gapless between tracks but you can definitely tell there is a bump or issue when it transitions from one track to the next.

Doesn’t seem to be much interest in this Atmos gapless issue right now.  I’m sure because of the 80.—- app problems the gapless issue will not be addressed at this point.  Yet the only reason I hang on to Sonos is because it’s my Atmos setup right now.  The “Bump” at loud track transitions is very distracting.  So I hope at some time in the near future this will be looked into.

I did send the CEO the video from the first post demonstrating the “bump” during the transition from track 2 to track 3 with the composition Stravinsky: Rite of Spring ( all of them ).