Skip to main content
Question

Changed Amazon Password

I changed my Amazon password.  Now I can’t use the Alexa voice assistant thru Sonos.

I went to the app - and when I try to add a voice assistant, I am told that Alexa is “Already added”

OK but it’s not working.

So then I go to the “Voice Assistants” option under Settings > Manage -- and I see no Voice Assistants listed.  So there I tap the “Add a voice assistant” option and I am taken to a list which tells me Alexa is “Already added.”

Sonos - please fix this bug.  Or can someone tell me how to work around this failure?

10 replies

I left out one detail…  after changing my Amazon password, I had Amazon sign out of all devices.  I wish I had not done that but I was dealing with a hacking threat.

Badge +20

This is another feature Sonos left out of the new App.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is another feature Sonos left out of the new App.

I’m not sure it was missed but it is on a the ‘known issues list’ - either way, there’s nothing you can do until an update is released.  I suggest that you have a look at the post below for :

I shared the same problem with Kenclem7.  I don't know what to do either.  I need help too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Somebody has posted that logging out and maybe removing the Amazon shopping app fixes this, so may be worth trying.

Just found this as i have exactly the same issue.  Any resolutions…??? Please??

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you disabled then enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa App.

Thanks yes - i’d actually started another question then found this one 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks yes - i’d actually started another question then found this one 

I think in that case, you'd be better off contacting Sonos support.

Update:  contacted Sonos support who after an hour on the phone have fixed the problem through a system reset.