Skip to main content
Question

Changed Amazon Password

I changed my Amazon password.  Now I can’t use the Alexa voice assistant thru Sonos.

I went to the app - and when I try to add a voice assistant, I am told that Alexa is “Already added”

OK but it’s not working.

So then I go to the “Voice Assistants” option under Settings > Manage -- and I see no Voice Assistants listed.  So there I tap the “Add a voice assistant” option and I am taken to a list which tells me Alexa is “Already added.”

Sonos - please fix this bug.  Or can someone tell me how to work around this failure?

I left out one detail…  after changing my Amazon password, I had Amazon sign out of all devices.  I wish I had not done that but I was dealing with a hacking threat.

This is another feature Sonos left out of the new App.

This is another feature Sonos left out of the new App.

I’m not sure it was missed but it is on a the ‘known issues list’ - either way, there’s nothing you can do until an update is released.  I suggest that you have a look at the post below for :

I shared the same problem with Kenclem7.  I don't know what to do either.  I need help too.

Somebody has posted that logging out and maybe removing the Amazon shopping app fixes this, so may be worth trying.

Just found this as i have exactly the same issue.  Any resolutions…??? Please??

Have you disabled then enabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa App.

Thanks yes - i’d actually started another question then found this one 

Thanks yes - i’d actually started another question then found this one 

I think in that case, you'd be better off contacting Sonos support.

Update:  contacted Sonos support who after an hour on the phone have fixed the problem through a system reset.