Answered

Can't add Apple Music on Android Sonos app

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

105 replies

Any update on the fix for this “new” issue? 

It’s not fixed at the moment - I’m thinking it’s perhaps an Android or more likely an Apple issue - so it’s possibly a case of Sonos waiting for one of them to sort it, but of course Sonos will unlikely comment until the matter is actually resolved, especially if it’s a ‘partner issue’, but let’s hope it gets fixed soon.

Any update on the fix for this “new” issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @casaper 

I'm not sure: Is it possible to temporarily set up my Apple Music and Sonos app on someone else's iPhone and activate it from there?
Well, writing it out, makes me realize that it presumably is quite a hassle to do that with iOS, since it will ask me to fully take ownership of the other iPhone. The tremendous restrectionitis is the reason why I banned iOS from my consumerism

Correct - It’s possible, but very probably a pain in the neck.

I’d have a iPhone 4s in the drawer somewhere. It may even still run, but I presume it will not get up to speed with the updates needed for this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I doubt it - it would need to run iOS v12 or higher

Well I guess that’s depending on release cycles of the Sonos app then. If your engineers found the problem soon, when could I assume their patch might get through to me via release?

I can’t say - If I knew, I still wouldn’t be allowed to say, in case it takes longer for some reason. All I can say is that we view this issue as a high priority one. When it is fixed, it’s entirely possible we’ll push a special update just to address it.

Userlevel 1

Hi Corry

We are aware of this new issue of being unable to add Apple Music to Sonos via an Android device and we are currently investigating it, though we have no estimate for when this will be resolved.

Well, at least I’m now also aware that it really is an issue, and not something about my setup…

Unfortunately, the only workaround we know of is to use an iOS device to add Apple Music - no help to you, I know.

I'm not sure: Is it possible to temporarily set up my Apple Music and Sonos app on someone else's iPhone and activate it from there?
Well, writing it out, makes me realize that it presumably is quite a hassle to do that with iOS, since it will ask me to fully take ownership of the other iPhone. The tremendous restrectionitis is the reason why I banned iOS from my consumerism.

I’d have a iPhone 4s in the drawer somewhere. It may even still run, but I presume it will not get up to speed with the updates needed for this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will update this topic thread once we have fixed the issue.

Well I guess that’s depending on release cycles of the Sonos app then. If your engineers found the problem soon, when could I assume their patch might get through to me via release?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @casaper 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We are aware of this new issue of being unable to add Apple Music to Sonos via an Android device and we are currently investigating it, though we have no estimate for when this will be resolved.

Unfortunately, the only workaround we know of is to use an iOS device to add Apple Music - no help to you, I know.

I will update this topic thread once we have fixed the issue.