Question

Can not create/save alarms

Userlevel 1

Hello, since the new update I can not create or save alarms.
I use an iphone 14 pro max with the newest app update
and an old iphone 7 plus with an outdated app.

I onlöy can add/update it on an outdated app (iphone 7plus) now...
From the current app and main device (iphone 14 pro max) I can not edit or save it.

Still can not create or save on both devices.

22 replies

Hi I have the same issue fee days ago I was able to configure alarm and now it is simple gone from “manage menu” but i can see parent control!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It should be back now. You may need to do an update to get it - it wasn’t included in the original release of the new app. 

Userlevel 1

It should be back now. You may need to do an update to get it - it wasn’t included in the original release of the new app. 

On my main phone iphone 14 pro max itw wont work or let me save or even create.

on my second device where i instaled it in the last attempt it works. But this uses the old sonos software

Hello!

Right, I’ve updated sonos application to 80.08 version and alarm configuration is back.

but when i try to configure alarm it doesn’t start at needed time, how can I check sonos system time zone?

Userlevel 1

I still can’t create an alarm...

This is a farce. First you release the app without key features (with no warning) and now you add them back but critically forget to make sure you can save them.

Talking here about alarms, I can now see the alarms and it looks like I can change them but they do not save. Also can’t create new ones.

As I say all a bit of a farce. 

some communication would be good.

Userlevel 1

Still I can not edit or create a new Alarm.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Only on my old iPhone 7 Plus with an out dated Sonos App i can do it.
Why?!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Why?!

Because the latest app was rushed out in a half-baked state in order to support the new headphones and Roam 2 hardware.  However, the latest release does have alarm functionality.  Make sure you are running the latest version of the app.  Alarms are under Settings > Manage > Alarms.

Userlevel 1

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Why?!

Because the latest app was rushed out in a half-baked state in order to support the new headphones and Roam 2 hardware.  However, the latest release does have alarm functionality.  Make sure you are running the latest version of the app.  Alarms are under Settings > Manage > Alarms.

I am running the latest Software on my Main Device, where I can not edit or create Alarms.

I am now trying to factory reset my Sonos Speaker...

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Why?!

I am running the latest Software on my Main Device, where I can not edit or create Alarms.

DON’T!!!!  You may not be able to add it back.  Did you try looking under Settings > Manage > Alarms?

Userlevel 1

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Why?!

DON’T!!!!  You may not be able to add it back.  Did you try looking under Settings > Manage > Alarms?

Watch the Video, It DON’T work.
Even After Reset it don’t work.

For some reason all of my alarms which use live radio stations all get reset to the sonos chime. Started a few days ago, can’t revert changes.

Userlevel 1

I wunder if that would be alliable for product rma 

I share frustration. This is the “half” baked fix, provided you have an iPad in my case. Briefly, to save waffle:

iphone. Settings, manage, alarms then set alarm. Save but disappears. Ie no result.

Fix for that part only. Run same process  on iPad ( possibly other devices but I only have Windows in addition).

result: Saves unlike iPhone no problem.

However, still needs tweaking. 
Set alarm time ( in UK but maybe same problem elsewhere) but make one hour earlier. Ie 7am set 6am.

Turning off desired time. Say 2 hours. Then leave as 2 hours. Ie not affected by alarm set time problem.

other settings, eg wake to desired radio programme seems to work now.

summary: Don’t bother using iPhone to set alarms.

iPad works to set as stated above and will then appear in iPhone settings but do t edit there as will “disappear” again. Ie any attempt to add or edit in iPhone settings just erases everything. 
At least the above procedure will wake you up and turn off automatically.

Footnote: just update iPhone latest iOS hoping that might , somehow, fix or be related but nothing. 
Possible this setting up procedure on another device that is not iPad may hopefully have same result as described.
Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same here, since the last update, I cannot create or edit the alarms that I've already set so I have deleted the app reinstalled it. Made sure it's up the last update and it's still will not allow me to create new alarms or to edit the ones I have installed. Extremely frustrating seeing that when they did the original new app all the alarms had disappeared and so now they said they fixed it but it's not been fixed...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So I double-checked to make sure that everything was up to date and the latest update is 80.02.05 which just came out yesterday. Since then I cannot edit nor create new alarms! The app will not let me save and I then need to exit without saving... And that is extremely frustrating, seeing that when the new app just came out we spent 2 weeks with no alarms at all. Does anybody have any more information about this?

I’m having the same issue. Just updated my app, deleted my old alarm after I couldn’t update it. Went to add a new one and every time I go to save the alarm it doesn’t work. I tried with Sonos chime and with a favourited playlist.

It’s my favourite feature of the speaker so I really hope they sort it out soon! I love having my daily mix start in the morning - allows me to work against the length of songs rather than against time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Darn it...Strange that should still happen to you because after the last update 80.02.07 everything is back to normal for me. The alarms work as they're supposed to. I wish I could

give you more information... Good luck!.

Same problem here - alarm changes won’t save

Same problem, I can't save the changes to the alarm via my phone. Can this be fixed please. Crazy how long it is taking. 

Same for me. Spoke to Sonos on early July 2024 and not solution. Frustrating!’

Can we please have an update as at this stage I am wanting to buy a new speaker from a different company just to be able to control it by my phone with an app that works?!