Skip to main content
Answered

BBC Radio 2 (Sonos Radio)

• 22 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Is anyone experiencing issue with BBC Radio 2 not playing via Sonos Radio?

All of a sudden today I can’t get it to play via the IOS app or the PC app. All other BBC stations 1-6 are working fine. I can get I to play via Sounds streamed to a speaker but not via Sonos.

I’ve checked for updates etc, etc but no joy.

Ideas welcomed

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Darren_Judge,

We’re aware that some BBC streams are experiencing playback issues through TuneIn and Sonos Radio this morning. For the time being, please use a different streaming service such as MyTunerRadio or Radioplayer to listen to BBC Radio broadcasts.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Had the same, R3 and R4 working fine - but R2 would try to play then give up after a couple of seconds.

Managed to solve by going to (on Win 10) Controller and choosing [Help, Reset Controller...]

Userlevel 1
Badge

Had the same, R3 and R4 working fine - but R2 would try to play then give up after a couple of seconds.

Managed to solve by going to (on Win 10) Controller and choosing [Help, Reset Controller...]

Great tip. I neglected to state I was using Mac software but the reset controller seems to have fixed the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Darren_Judge,

We’re aware that some BBC streams are experiencing playback issues through TuneIn and Sonos Radio this morning. For the time being, please use a different streaming service such as MyTunerRadio or Radioplayer to listen to BBC Radio broadcasts.

Ok, thanks. It seems to be working now having reset the controller as suggested by Landerson