Answered

Apple Music skips/glitches

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

No resolution at all,  I had to factory reset my Sonos Roam over, and over, and over again because my Internet connection works absolutely fine for everything else, it just my Sonos Roam the only one that is unrreliable here, has unstability issues and music stoppages even with the most robust Wi-Fi of the world, this is appalling 

i’m having the same issue. only with Apple Music. Glitchy / skipping play back when playing from my Apple TV to my sonos ray via fibre optic and using sonos controller to turn on other speakers. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Roam is another story all together. It drops off the WiFi for me several times a week and I have to reboot it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

While Listening To Music, My Sonos Roam randomly dropped off   again   using Airplay, I can’t re connect it to the Sonos app and nobody from Sonos tech support here in Mexico can assist me. Confirmation Number:  1 0 9 6 6 5 3 5 9 9

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I don’t think it’s network related. Only Apple Music played from the Sonos app. Other sources are fine. After a few days of it and seems to have stopped. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve noticed a tiny bit of skipping with using Apple Music directly, so this might not even be a Sonos issue.

The network most of us speak of is not the one between your modem/router and the outside world, but instead the one between the router and the speakers, which is a much more difficult number to pin down, for throughput. And certainly your experiences point to an issue in the controller communicating with the speakers, so at the least, I’d recommend powering down your Sonos, and then rebooting your router. Once the router has come back up, plug back in your Sonos, and see if the delay on commands is still there. 

If it is, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve had this issue ever since the Era300’s were added to my system and the associated 15.3 (I think) software update. I don’t believe it’s network related (everyone’s first place to point the finger) as I’ve now added the same playlists to my Spotify account and (so far) not had a single issue when using the Spotify service, so as far as I can tell it’s Apple / Sonos related, not my set up. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I was incorrect when I said earlier that it stopped. Mine actually still does it some. Only on Apple Music.