Answered

Apple Music skips/glitches

Show first post

34 replies

This issue is *not* answered. I’m having the same issue playing Apple Music through the Sonos App. It’s not a networking issue.

Userlevel 3

I'm having the same issue with Apple Music directly from the Sonos app. Micro skips in most songs.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I was incorrect when I said earlier that it stopped. Mine actually still does it some. Only on Apple Music. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve had this issue ever since the Era300’s were added to my system and the associated 15.3 (I think) software update. I don’t believe it’s network related (everyone’s first place to point the finger) as I’ve now added the same playlists to my Spotify account and (so far) not had a single issue when using the Spotify service, so as far as I can tell it’s Apple / Sonos related, not my set up. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve noticed a tiny bit of skipping with using Apple Music directly, so this might not even be a Sonos issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I don’t think it’s network related. Only Apple Music played from the Sonos app. Other sources are fine. After a few days of it and seems to have stopped. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m having the same issue with Apple Music. It’s not a problem with my network or anything local. It is a Sonos and/or Apple Music problem. This issue coincides with the current problem where iTunes-matched music in my Apple Music library will not play on AirPlay-enabled Sonos speakers (get an encoding error). There are a number of recent forum posts about this. I was on the phone with Sonos Support for well over an hour about this (I also mentioned the skipping issue…. It’s probably not related to the “can’t play this song” problem). Hopefully both problems will be addressed soon. The rep I spoke with was working with a senior engineer and seemed to acknowledge there is a problem. 

I’m having the same issue. I’m certain it is not network related because for me it only occurs if I’m playing directly from Apple Music. If I play from the Sonos app itself, the issue doesn’t exist. But there is a 1-3 second skip at the start of any song I play out of Apple Music.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @tg1, welcome back!

This could be network related. Is the audio skipping using a different music source? Does it occur while using Apple Music via the Sonos App?

If there is a wide issue regarding any Music Service on Sonos, it will be reflected in Sonos Status.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, I recommend to submit diagnostics after it occurs and reach out to our Sonos Support for live troubleshooting.