Answered

apple music is experencing full outage

Anyone else getting a message on the Sonos App Apple Music is experiencing a full outage? Anyone know what this means?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 May 2021, 04:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

So, in the end, sounds like a pretty quick fix. Not days.

Maybe Sonos needs a list of failures for streaming services on their product as well as quickness of the Music Service to respond to Sonos so users can make a more informed decision when choosing a Music Service 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

For those that don’t understand why this is an Apple problem, and not a Sonos problem, please read the recent mega-post from @Xander P  about how music services integrate with Sonos.

The reason Apple Music still works using Apple’s own apps is because that is a totally different endpoint to the one that Apple tell Sonos to use. If you don’t know what an endpoint is, think of it as two web addresses: apple.com/music and apple.com/sonos - the music subarea of the web site is fine, the sonos subarea of the site is broken. Note that both endpoints are on apple.com, 100% owned and maintained by them. Sonos have no powers to do anything (except yell at Apple).

Sorry to hear that dm7.

We are in Southwestern Ontario 

Still an issue here :(

Well, hated being the squeaky wheel. Not really my thing BUT frustrated after lack of action for days and now look, its up and running again.

Hopefully,  this will be better watched in future

Seems to be working now in Ottawa.  Apple were very surprised when I sent them a copy of the text at the top of the Sonos app page which indicated a total Apple Music outage!  

Yup, Amazon Music working fine.

Maybe dm7 is right. May be time to cancel Apple Music and look at Spotify. 

Clearly a software problem with Apple and Sonos.

Disappointed Sonos has been more transparent or shown more  interest in customer service. 

Very sad that this issue is still ongoing. Apple Music plays well outside Sonos. It’s only through Sonos which has got problem.

Surprised that tech giants (Sonos + apple)  could not resolve this issue.

3 days and counting and no clue of resolutions.. :(

I have cancelled my Apple subscription.

We have been having this same problem for about 4 days now.  Previous to that it was working 100% with no issues.  It is fine if played directly on devices (iPhone/iPad) and on the Sonos system using AirPlay.  Which is a completely frustrating work around compared to how it was functioning before. C'mon Sonos and Apple.  Get this sorted out. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We don’t have a timeline for when this is expected to be resolved as yet, hopefully Apple’s engineers will be able to get everything working correctly soon :)

The status message has not changed since it was first put on the status page (may25th).  The service has been down since at least may 24th. References to a status page that never changes is not helpful.  Is anyone at Sonos pressing Apple for a response?

The wording in the app is "Apple is experiencing a full outage". This is most definitely not the case.

That’s so helpful, I check the status and the service frequently. More helpful would be an account of what the problem is, and, the prognosis for getting this fixed.  I really do not care if it is your problem or Apples problem, right now it’s my problem!  Air play is not a good substitute for me for several reasons - when does Apple say this is going to be fixed.  All they say to me is “call Sonos”!!

The messaging provided in the Sonos app is misleading. Apple music is not, in fact, experiencing a system-wide or global outage. It works fine through Apple's own application. Sonos should be providing more accurate and honest information to its users along with assurances of steps being taken to find a resolution.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @8858oboe, Apple have been informed of the issue and are working on a resolution - no further updates to share right now I’m afraid, but you can check the Sonos Status page for any news :)

Still not working here, It’s been 4 days since the Apple Sonos combination went down. After about a million calls to a variety of non-responsive Apple contacts, it was suggested that I should call Sonos!  Sonos yesterday suggested calling Apple!  I realize we are just customers,  but should not one or the other company - preferably both - be spending some time fixing this problem, or is this just too radical a concept?

Userlevel 3

Can you not use Airplay?

Same problem here in Switzerland… experiencing a “total failure” on iOS or MacOS.

Streaming music from Apple Music to Sonos via Airplay is now working for me - wasn’t just an hour ago...

Are we going to hear from someone from Sonos on this issue? It's been at least two days which, as others have pointed out, is an awfully long time in the tech world these days.

Sonos: what's happening please?

Same issue here :(

Using a android phone so unfamiliar with airplay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

2 Days with no Apple Mucic now. Pretty much renders a Sonos system useless except for using Bluetooth on my Sonos Move.

I appreciate Sonos saying its a Apple problem but agree with others saying it is now MY problem. 

How about Sonos working with Apple to fix it? 

2 days is extreme in this day in age 

Can you not use Airplay?

2 Days with no Apple Mucic now. Pretty much renders a Sonos system useless except for using Bluetooth on my Sonos Move.

I appreciate Sonos saying its a Apple problem but agree with others saying it is now MY problem. 

How about Sonos working with Apple to fix it? 

2 days is extreme in this day in age 

Since it’s an Apple issue, have you contacted them to express your understandable frustration? 

Badge

I’ve been getting it for two days as well.  Haven’t been able to play any of my playlists through Sonos (or SonoPad -Great app if anyone’s interested) as they’re all Apple Music sourced.

Starting to get a little peeved.

Badge +17

27 may - getting message here in Ottawa.  Have er authorized, no change.  Note that I have no problems playing directly on IPAD using the Apple Music App so problem is related only to Sonos access to Apple Music.

@8858oboe - please keep an eye on https://status.sonos.com/ for further updates. We’re aware that some subscribers of Apple Music are experiencing issues browsing the service or starting playback. Apple is aware of the issue and is working on a resolution.