Answered

Apple Music curated playlists not showing up in search results

• 27 January 2020
  • 51 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

51 replies

Hello, I’m having the exact same issue. 
diagnostic number 1685415330

Seems like my Sonos app (all of the sudden) can’t communicate with my Apple Music playlist search function. It’s worked fine for years. My Apple Music is up to date and works fine by its self (monthly subscription). I’ve tried resetting the system, removing and re-adding both apps and remove and re-adding Apple Music. Please help. 

Any update on when this will be fixed? Thanks. 

Hi,

I am having the same problems as well. No longer able to search for playlists created by Apple. Although, some of them play from my recently played in the “my Sonos” section. 

diagnostic number : 1923404648

Thank you 

Can we please have an update? This is taking a long time and the communication is very poor.

Hi. Same for me. 

If you search for “Apple Music” you will get a list of several Apple playlists in random order. In the list is also a playlist for John Mayer. If you do a search again for John Mayer, no playlists can be found. 
This has nothing to do with subscription imo. This is more related to the way the search field is connected with the Apple Music database. Seems the search field is looking in the wrong database-set. 

All,

I don’t know if this is useful to you, but it was to me so I thought I’d share. Worst case it’s just useless information ;) 

I asked the same question on Twitter and got the following workaround, which I can confirm works perfectly.

Add the Apple Curated Playlist to "My Music" within Apple Music natively, then you'll be able to access the playlist within Sonos by navigating to Apple Music > My Music > Playlists > Apple Music Playlists.

It’s obvious, and I feel silly for not thinking to do it, but it works.

Hope it’s helpful while this issue is being fixed :)

I am also in the same boat here.

diag is 155764891

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you searching “Apple Music / Apple Music” or “Apple Music / My Library”?

Issue not fixed for me

Diagnostic # 966569828

@fvorsten Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for bringing your concerns to us. I can see from your diagnostic report that you have some network performance issues affecting Sonos. I also can also see that you can benefit from a full network and Sonos equipment re-boot as products show 2+ months without a re-boot. I would suggest:

1. To bridge one of your routers, then do a wireless setup to put all of your Sonos products on the correct 2.4 G connection.
  2. Next, power off/on your modem/router(s)/extender(s)/Access Point(s) for 30 seconds with no lights.
  3. As they are powering on the power off/on your Sonos products for 15 seconds with no lights.
  4. As they are powering on the re-boot the device(s) running your Sonos app and test.

When you have completed the above steps, then please follow up here with the testing results and a new diagnostic report and report number as well.

Thanks for your fast reply!!, I did al the steps but still no curated lists from Apple,

when I search for U2, no Apple curated playlist can be found although they do show up within the Apple Music app  

Thanks for your fast reply!!, I did al the steps but still no curated lists from Apple,

when I search for U2, no Apple curated playlist can be found although they do show up within the Apple Music app  

You are very welcome, but where is the new diagnostic report and report number?

The new number is 345746302.

Thanks again John!

Apple curated playlists are still not showing up for me.

Diagnostic: 1807795552

@fvorsten I am not seeing anything in the diagnostic report that would indicate you are having the issue from this post. This may be with your device or your Apple Music account. What is the current OS version of your iOS device?

Please remove then add your Apple music account in Sonos and then test from your device once more. As a second test, I would also ask that you try this from another iOS device and follow up with screen shot(s). If you have a need for further assistance you may want to reach out i us in the Dansk Forums.

Thanks John, I have tested it with my iPad with the latest iOS version, still the same. 
Let me troubleshoot some more and if I find anything what might cause this I get back to you. 

Dansk is not my foreign language, Dutch is. Both can be easily be mixed up ;-)

I just tried one of my favorite playlists that has been missing and it is there!  Seems to be working at the moment.  Thank you

Same issue for me…..

diag is 2008594287

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yep +1 for this issue, started happening out of the blue on both my and wife’s iphone. Tried re-authorizing Apple Music account but no difference.

Our current work-around is to airplay from the Apple Music app :/

Same issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi everyone, thanks for your patience. We’re still looking into this issue, I don’t have a timeline to share for when it will be resolved. I’ll be sure to update the thread when things are back up.

Userlevel 2
Badge

+1 would love to be able to access new playlists freely without having to go through the extra step of adding to my library in apple music (whose desktop app is, frankly, the worst thing on my computer). 

Works for me, thanks sonos

Apple search still not working right for me in playlists. 

diag 1683674924