Question

Apple Music content is missing from Albums.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

74 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @m1maj.

Thanks for the immediate feedback.

I have already shared this thread to our engineering team. Please subscribe to this thread so that you will be notified once the issue has been resolved.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I’m using S1 and have the same problem.  I listen to classical music and the best way to use is through albums.  It’s very frustrating.  Any news on the fix?

I have this problem as well. It seems that random albums are missing from the Albums menu on my AppleTV, iMac and iPhone. I spent considerable time with a support person at Sonos who couldn’t figure out what was happening. He said there were only a few people with this issue and it’s probably Apple’s fault. I also did all of the above possible solutions to no avail, and really fail to see how Apple is involved, since the Albums selection works fine on the Apple devices I can access the library from. I hope someone at Sonos is working to fix this in a future update, as it is rather tedious to locate an album from the hundreds I have stored in my Music app. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @peterthewolf.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I have already shared this thread with our engineering team. Please subscribe to this thread so that you will be notified once the issue has been resolved. The engineering team is still working on this issue.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

The albums are back...just a small quibble that the alphabet dividers are not where they should be. For example, the # sign shows at the top of the list but all of the albums containing a number or symbol as the lead character are at the bottom. Also, the dividers are not where they should be throughout the list...but yes, the albums are back. Thanks to whoever fixed this!

Userlevel 2

I’m still running 12.0.6 but the error has nevertheless somehow been fixed. Good news about that, and who knows whether the problem was Apple or Sonos, but low marks to Sonos for communicating anything of substance about the cause and the possible turn around time for a fix (or even announcing the fix through this forum). 

I’ve also started experiencing this recently, and I’m a little relieved to find this thread — but disappointed that there isn’t a resolution yet. This must not be a widespread problem?

My Apple Music library has about 600 albums. In the Sonos app, I’m only seeing 7 albums.

The other categories (artists, songs, playlists) look correct, but the albums list is totally broken.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m experiencing the same issue, as well.

Same Problem for me. I think the problem appears after upgrading to sonos S2.

Really annoying, I constantly use the album view for choosing my music.

Please fix this !

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You must be new around here? Apple really don’t give a rip about proper Sonos support, they just keep their SMAPI service running and are seldom responsive to any requests to fix things.

If it’s known to be an Apple bug, fair enough. I think this is the first time anybody has suggested that.

I can certainly see how missing albums from the list could be an Apple problem. It’s a bit harder to see how the mis-sorting into alphabetic sections could be Apple’s fault, as I’d expect that to be a presentation issue handled by the Sonos code.

Sonos never sort any content, the order of items is entirely determined by the music service provider.

I think you’re right. The upgrade to S2 was the only change recently.

However, in recent days the problem seems to have been resolved - or at least has got a lot better. I now have access to a lot more albums using that method of browsing. Can’t tell if I’ve got access to all of them (too many to count) but certainly a lot more.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Stuffu.

This issue has already been raised to our engineering team and is still working to resolve this issue. 

upon checking out internal articles about this issue, I came across the following recommendations.

• I recommend to use search for the particular Album within Apple Music-> My Music -> on Sonos.
  • You should then see the respective Album in their library and be able to play it.
  • I would recommend subscribing to this thread for future updates from Sonos.

Just to set your expectation, this issue has already been reported to our engineering team for collation and they are still currently working on this. Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates regarding possible resolution or fix to the problem.

Please let me know if you still have further issues or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @m1maj,

Thanks for your immediate response.

As indicated above, This is an issue and has already been reported to our engineers. 

Hi @auricom.

upon checking out internal articles about this issue, I came across the following recommendations.

• I recommend to use search for the particular Album within Apple Music-> My Music -> on Sonos.
  • You should then see the respective Album in their library and be able to play it.

Just to set your expectation, I will be more than happy to report this to our engineering team for collation. Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates regarding possible resolution or fix to the problem.

Please let me know if you still have further issues or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help,

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @m1maj.

I would like to thank you for doing the extra mile on submitting the diagnostic.

Based on the submitted diagnostic, It shows some playback failure and audio playback stopped issue due to not enough bandwidth provided from the router via internet connection.

I would recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Reboot the router by unplugging it from power and plugging it back after 10-15 seconds to refresh network connectivity and delete temporary data stored on the router.
  2. Reboot your Sonos Connect.
  3. Force close and re-open the Sonos app
  4. Test if the issue persist.

After doing the basic steps above, if the issue stops then we’re good. If not I would like to recommend the following steps.

• Open iTunes on the computer.
  • Select Songs from the left side option on iTunes.
  • Beside the song title, there is a cloud icon. click on cloud icon and then click on the cloud figure icon on all songs with cloud icon beside their corresponding title. This is to download the songs to the computer since that indicates that the songs are not on the computer but is on iTunes Cloud.
  • Once all cloud icons have been clicked and removed, Remove music library from the Sonos app.
  • Re-add music library from the Sonos app.
  • Test to see if everything works.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @nleach42 

Just to set your expectation, this issue has already been reported to our engineering team for collation and they are still currently working on this. Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates regarding possible resolution or fix to the problem.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

HI @pjvent777.

Thanks,

Any fix yet? This has really put me off Sonos. I’m thinking of returning the speaker I just bought, Viewing Apple Music albums properly i would say is essential and it’s clearly completely broken.

Just tried it with IOS 14.0.1 with the Apple Music update. and it’s still the same.

Anyone know how we get Sonos to respond? This is not a minor bug.

Badge

Similar problem, within Sonos S2, my albums view of Apple Music shows “No selections are available.”  I can see my Apple Music under Artists or Songs just nothing under albums.  As with others, the albums are searchable and play just fine.  I just can’t see a list of them.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sonos never sort any content, the order of items is entirely determined by the music service provider.

Be that as it may, the Sonos Windows application is also crashing out. I don’t see how Apple can be responsible for that. If it gets bad data from Apple, the app should give an error message and let you continue doing something else. It shouldn’t just terminate.

Is there an update on the thread please? I have exactly the same problem described perfectly by m1maj above. In case it helps, when using the windows S2 app, if I scroll to the bottom of the (much shortened) Albums list, it crashes every time. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @auricom.

Just to set your expectation, I will be more than happy to report this to our engineering team for collation. Please keep an eye out on this thread for updates regarding possible resolution or fix to the problem.

Thanks,

I have the same problem with albums downloaded in Apple Music missing from within the Sonos app. This was not an issue with the old app. It happened immediately when I switched to the new app.

If that is the case, it doesn’t explain the silence from Sonos.  I have had multiple items of kit from Sonos accumulated over many years.  The ‘album’ section from Apple was, inter alia, what sold Sonos to me in the first place.

Sonos participated in this trail at the beginning saying it was going to be fixed.  Your explanation doesn’t accord with Sonos’s this contribution.  The continued silence is very damaging for Sonos.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Just found this as I was looking for a resolve for this issue I’ve had for over a year. Like the rest - IT USED TO WORK.

The issue is that Sonos can’t be bothered guys. Look what the staff member says:

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Goodness - we don’t have a further issue Sonos, The issue is what the post is about - why ask for more before fixing what we are asking about?

It frustrates me - Sonos really have no clue about this. None.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Be that as it may, the Sonos Windows application is also crashing out. I don’t see how Apple can be responsible for that. If it gets bad data from Apple, the app should give an error message and let you continue doing something else. It shouldn’t just terminate.

For sure, though I don’t see that issue myself.