Skip to main content
Answered

“Accept” terms and conditions button won’t turn black. It is always grey so cannot work.

“Accept” terms and conditions button won’t turn black. It is always grey so cannot work. This seems to have been a problem for over five years now with no fix. Just waiting an hour to hear back from customer support, who pointed me at a four-year-old thread to remove Sonos one and Sonos two apps, reboot your phone and start a fresh. Have repeated this a dozen times with no success. Next bit of advice from Sonos was to get an android phone instead of an iPhone. Customer support told me that my two-year-old iPhone on the latest iOS was “old”, and I should get an android to be able to use Sonos. How can this problem have been going on for five years with no fix, and no fix in sight? I have a fortune invested in Sonos one and have started investing in Sonos two which is now unavailable to me.

41 replies

I have no font scaling, no zoom, all at default. The button is clearly visible but not active. Online chat has been unable to help. So I have to call them next week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have no font scaling, no zoom, all at default. The button is clearly visible but not active. Online chat has been unable to help. So I have to call them next week.

Try the desktop app.

And also uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Desktop app tells me to use the mobile app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Desktop app tells me to use the mobile app.

That’s annoying! 
uninstall and reinstall. I can’t see what else you can do…

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This is still a problem with the 80.05.05 app released yesterday, and hit me. Clearly not a high priority fix.

Unbelievably expensive bad product so very sadly. Should we be pushing for a call back on this product?

Are you not able to scroll to the bottom of the text? At this point the button will become active. They want to make sure that you’ve had an opportunity to read the agreement.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

They should just make the Accept button always active.  Who the heck actually reads that stuff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you not able to scroll to the bottom of the text? At this point the button will become active. They want to make sure that you’ve had an opportunity to read the agreement.

I can scroll down there just fine, but the button won’t light up.

My interaction was a little different. They have changed things. I didn't have any links here, only text. If you follow one of the links can you then accept the terms?

They should just make the Accept button always active.  Who the heck actually reads that stuff.

Actually, I read it and if I don't like it I'll not install the software and I've returned product when I couldn't accept the terms.

I can scroll down there just fine, but the button won’t light up.

Can scroll to the bottom, can read all Terms and Warranty pages, Accept and Cancel are always clearly visible but Accept never enables. Sonos chat couldn’t help, telephone helpline is overloaded - waited 90 mins for an answer before giving up. Beam has been returned. So frustrating that one stupid little issue makes what I believe should be a great device utterly useless.

THIS IS A CLOWN SHOW. Just fire your lawyers. It is embarassing that we cannot go over the disclaimers for 5 years now 

Had the same problem, reinstalled, waited. Went to all links and scrolled. Nothing happened. Then I tried to force scroll the main page (even if everything on the page was readable) and then the accept button turned black.

Should not be like this

This issue still has not be resolved.  I’ve reinstalled and deleted the app twice, i’ve reset all settings to defaul, i’ve rebooted my iPad twice and still i can get the Accept button to turn black.  We use this for our medical office for our patients, and now i can’t get the music to work.  When can i expect to use our system?

I experienced this issue this morning on my iPad.

lots of advice about screen being zoomed in etc, clicked all the links in case that made a difference, nothing made the accept button go black / become usable.

The whole page was displayed, so no issues with screen scaling etc.

almost by accident I scrolled the page so it kind of bounced / refreshed and low an behold it went black.

So basically even when you get to the bottom of the screen and you can see all the clickable buttons, try doing a very quick and deliberate scroll to bounce the page and you may find it works.

baffling and I’ve never known another app work like that