Wishlist for Sonos Controller Improvements

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

291 replies

Hello,

Few things I'd like to see tweaked/added please Sonos -

1. Make the 'confirmation of added to list/queue' pane translucent so you can still interact with the app before it fades away. It's really irritating having to wait for it to go!

2. When adding to playlist - allow select/check of more than one playlist to add to. It seems like it's laid out do so already but can only select one. Otherwise why not dismiss the page as soon as a list is selected?

3. Ability to make multiple track selections and copy to other playlists.

4. Search for people's profiles on Spotify (like you can on Spotify)

Please Sonos

Anyone agree?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
There definitely should be an option in the library to sort (or filter) tracks by YEAR. Its should be added to the headings... currently Artists, Albums, Composers, Songs, Genres. Perhaps an advanced option to display say four of these headings if screen space is an issue.

The only way I've found to do this currently is to create multiple playlists, one for each year, which is rather tedious and inflexible when new tracks are to be added.
When a playbar is bonded with surround I'd like an option that, when playing music, switches off the surround.. Surround switches back on when TV is selected..

A sort of TV or Line in autoplay, but with the on/off..

AUTO SURROUND SWITCH

I'd like this too, and it could be completely automatic because music is always stereo-only.
I would also like full controller customization but what I would really like is for when my alarm goes off in the morning and I turn my iPhone on the room that is being used is the room displayed not the last room used. I shouldn't have to look for which room to control if there's only one room in use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can setup to play the squeeze server on Sonos.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Please, add controls to the iOS-device lock screen. Having to unlock my device every time I want change volume, skip songs or any other activity is really annoying.
I would like to be able to add multiple items from the search results to the queue easily on the iPad app. Now this takes 3 taps per track+wait for "item added" message.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Lets make it easy. this is lovely but will Sonos do anything about any of it? I think i am used to the answer now. They produce a great product but hate any criticism and do not like suggestions. Customer service job must be easy. Training lesson 1
Listen to the question
Respond "thank you. No"
Job done
Userlevel 1
Integration with Google Now for Voice control (and by proxy, Google Assistant). I want to be able to say "OK, Google - play my morning playlist in the kitchen" and have my Sonos speakers begin playing music there.
Badge
I really would appreciate to be able to sort my spotify playlists on 'datetime song added to the list', so my most recent additions will be played first.
Also, need to add ability to "Sort Playlist. Artist? Track? Source? ,etc.."
thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Would be nice to have the a-z links going down the right side of screen on the Amazon music library screen rather than having to scroll through the whole list.
Quite a basic ask, but how about some skins or different colour options for the controller instead of the blue and black? Shouldn't be too difficult an option to offer?
Not sure if this possible requirement has been asked in a different way.. Though I'd like to be able to press a button called along the lines of "Fade In" then once selected he next song fades in on demand. I always find it harsh when one night I'm chilling with delicate tunes and then I hit next and there is a loud silence between songs if that makes sense.. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Integration with Amazon Echo.
My list, not that it will help. I’ve been waiting for these for years!

1: Reorder Favourites, perhaps group into family member folders
2: stream from native applications. Perhaps a $99 Bluetooth zone?
3: better alarm controls. Preset groups just for alarms
4: apple watch app with complications, and prob an android wear
Userlevel 1
Need a night mode for the controller app so it's not so bright at night.

Would be a rare phone or tablet that doesn't have an auto dimming screen; no need to have any app do it.
Badge +1

Would be a rare phone or tablet that doesn't have an auto dimming screen; no need to have any app do it.

Yes, most screens do, ios even have night shift. But it looks like dark mode is coming to ios. So i think there is a need for it.
Quite a basic ask, but how about some skins or different colour options for the controller instead of the blue and black? Shouldn't be too difficult an option to offer?

Oh my god yes to the skins. Alternative colour schemes and buttons would be so amazing. I find it so hard to see what I'm trying to do on there at the moment because the colour scheme is so dark. Similarly, can something be done about the size of the buttons; they are probably the items I use the most after creating playlists, but they're impossible small- especially the 'time slider bar' (whatever that's officially called).
Under the 'manage' drop down, I don't see the need for five options which activate the same pop-up box (albeit a different tab on that pop up). Surely a button which opens the settings box is simpler.

Lastly, that 'rooms tab'. Is there some way this can be hidden if you're not well off enough to own more than one speaker?

Having written these, my conclusion is that there's a lot of wasted space on the interface.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I like the ability to make up of customise room grouping but also leave the single room speaker configuration alone, say I got 5 speakers in 5 rooms, I want to be able to create various combination for customs group like

Group 1: room 2 and 3
Group 2: room 2, 4, 5
Group 3: room 1, 2, 4
Group 4: room 1,3,4,5
etc..etc...

But I also like to be able to send sound to individual room and still have the grouping around

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Basically the ability to create Favourite Groups. Surely this isn't too big an ask.

This . . . exactly what I would like as well and very nicely described. It would be very nice to select a custom grouping just as you would any regular zone without having to go through the trouble of combining them.

Not to beat a dead horse, but there was no option to select integration with Amazon Echo on the survey. I would choose that one above all others ten times over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I wish I could edit poll and add new things as they come up. But Echo integration is expected to be announced on August 30th.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I wish I could edit poll and add new things as they come up. But Echo integration is expected to be announced on August 30th.

I sure hope you are right! From the articles I've read, there is speculation that Echo integration could be announced on August 30th, but then there is just as much speculation to the contrary. They could also announce their own voice control, app voice control from a smart phone, etc. None of these we would be anywhere near as good as Echo. Do you have any reason beyond the speculation I have read to lean that way? Keeping my fingers crossed!
Badge +1
1. What about adding 'your music' to the navigation bar ? It would save some clicks.
Maybe even control Sonos from Spotify.

2. I'm always asked to quit tv audio when I choose to play from the playbar but not the other way around.
When I accedently hit the Apple TV control The music stops and the party dies. It's a real mood killer.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Another vote for improving grouping/alarms.

It's probably more of an "automation" thing than an "alarm" but what's so hard about "7:00 am, play on Kitchen, Den, and Living Room" and "5:00 pm, play on Living Room and Master Bedroom" ??

Also, Alarms need a "preview" mode - how am I supposed to know how loud my alarm is going to be with just a slider or a number? There should be a "play this source on this speaker/group at this volume" option when setting any alarm.