Skip to main content
Question

Unable to add to existing, or create new playlists with the recent app update

Spent over an hour waiting on line to talk to customer service rep who was not helpful. He finally came back and said the recent I couldn’t add a playlist or put music onto existing playlists was because, “Sonos is improving its service to accommodate new products.” He also said additional updates will be released to facilitate what I’m trying to do. Huh?!! When does an update eliminate basic features of a product and only roll them back out when the bugs are worked out. Thankfully, I didn’t update the app on my wife’s phone so can still use this function. Truly unbelievable!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m so glad others are finding annoyance with this as Im so frustrated. I’m building my playlists through listening with Sonos and now I hear a song I like and can’t add it to my own playlists!! Its soooo stupid!!! How can an update mess so many things up!! Its taken much joy out of listening for me.

Is this app update a sick joke?

I can’t create playlists and the update has destroyed my existing ones.

I spent ages  trying to create one, before I realised you can’t.Contacted the “help” line to discover the waiting time was 95 minutes!!

This feature was a major aspect of the old app and you can do this in almost any other app. In what universe did getting rid of this feature make sense??? Did they consult the users, their customers?

What the hell are Sonos thinking - this is sheer incompetence. 

Yes, it sure seems like it. Its absolutely horrible. Not even worth trying to describe how bad it is.

Userlevel 1

Is this app update a sick joke?

I can’t create playlists and the update has destroyed my existing ones.

I spent ages  trying to create one, before I realised you can’t.Contacted the “help” line to discover the waiting time was 95 minutes!!

This feature was a major aspect of the old app and you can do this in almost any other app. In what universe did getting rid of this feature make sense??? Did they consult the users, their customers?

What the hell are Sonos thinking - this is sheer incompetence. 

Yes, it sure seems like it. Its absolutely horrible. Not even worth trying to describe how bad it is.

CAN SONOS REPLY TO THESE THREADS AND FIX THESE ISSUES! Please!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

It’s been more than a month. Sonos has no satisfactory answer. You will only anger and frustrate yourself trying.

The only viable solution, until Sonos figures out how to fix the myriad problems with its ‘new and improved’ controller app, would be to provide a simple way to return to the app that existed in May 2024, before the ‘upgrade.’

Others have said this could easily be done. For some reason, Sonos declines to offer that option to those of us who have lost most of the basic functions that made Sonos ownership worthwhile. Imploring Sonos seems to go nowhere. It’s like howling into the void.

I intend to download each new ‘update’ Sonos offers in hopes the next one will be the fix we’re hoping for. If that continues to fail, eventually the only suitable option may be to ditch Sonos and move on. But give it another 30 days. And know you are not alone. This is a systemic problem, not unique to your own Sonos setup.