Question

Unable to add to existing, or create new playlists with the recent app update

Userlevel 3

Spent over an hour waiting on line to talk to customer service rep who was not helpful. He finally came back and said the recent I couldn’t add a playlist or put music onto existing playlists was because, “Sonos is improving its service to accommodate new products.” He also said additional updates will be released to facilitate what I’m trying to do. Huh?!! When does an update eliminate basic features of a product and only roll them back out when the bugs are worked out. Thankfully, I didn’t update the app on my wife’s phone so can still use this function. Truly unbelievable!

29 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just realised, you no longer add a song to next in queue,you can only replace queue..

Someone has got this all wrong .These aren't changes we asked for ..…

Don't put an update out ,until it has all the features that have been used and then add the additional new features , to get us excited...Instead it's missing features …

I also have a Samsung Galaxy fold ,which has issues when trying to log in …Tried it on 2 differs folds and the same thing …

At this moment ,I'm totally not impressed .

Especially when I am the one who also recommends  it to our customers ....

Userlevel 2

Just realised, you no longer add a song to next in queue,you can only replace queue..

Someone has got this all wrong .These aren't changes we asked for ..…

Don't put an update out ,until it has all the features that have been used and then add the additional new features , to get us excited...Instead it's missing features …

I also have a Samsung Galaxy fold ,which has issues when trying to log in …Tried it on 2 differs folds and the same thing …

At this moment ,I'm totally not impressed .

Especially when I am the one who also recommends  it to our customers ....

I’m same I take my Sonos with me where I work and various clients have favourites and this has been taken away from us. 

Userlevel 4

I used to love creating song lists on the fly when on Sonos from a range of sources; Spotify, Apple Music, etc.

So easy and fun to shape a song track to the evening or my mind.

it was such a cool feature.

And it’s now gone? No more?

What were they thinking!?

This was an explicit and thought throw, discussed and deliberate action.

Really unfortunate and bizarre.

Why update and take away functionality?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

wait… I have been ok with the app overhaul but this? this is stealing our work away from us in typically arrogant sonos fashion. 

researches HomePods. 

this company needs some more competition honestly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Adding to the queue is one of several features coming (returning?) in June:

Userlevel 1

Also messaging here to say I can’t add songs to existing Sonos playlists. Pretty crappy that the new app doesn’t do that. 

Userlevel 1

I could not understand why I was now unable to add songs from Spotify to my various Sonos playlists. Now I find I am not alone!  Creating personalised playlists was one of the joys of using the Sonos system. What commercial logic prompted Sonos to discontinue this facility?

Userlevel 3
Badge

As a sonos installer ,We tell.out customers all the featured and  selling points  and now we have to tell the customer the disappointing news that the features you liked are no longer there .

That dosent make sense ,you should be keeping what you actually paid for and then be impressed with any upgrades.…

Can’t believe this! Killing (or forgetting) that one thing music lovers love to do most. Totally bummed out by this. Really hope this issue will be fixed soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As a sonos installer ,We tell.out customers all the featured and  selling points  and now we have to tell the customer the disappointing news that the features you liked are no longer there .

That dosent make sense ,you should be keeping what you actually paid for and then be impressed with any upgrades.…

In all honesty, you should advise your customers to avoid Sonos products like the plague, as and until what they are offering is fit for purpose. 😁

Userlevel 1

Most companies offer updates as a improvement to its existing features,but not Sonos.More like a down date.

Just give me back my add to playlist and create a playlist.So so frustrating,it wasnt broken so you didn't need to fix it.In fact your so called improvements was to completely remove it WTF 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 

Userlevel 1

Is this app update a sick joke?

I can’t create playlists and the update has destroyed my existing ones.

I spent ages  trying to create one, before I realised you can’t.Contacted the “help” line to discover the waiting time was 95 minutes!!

This feature was a major aspect of the old app and you can do this in almost any other app. In what universe did getting rid of this feature make sense??? Did they consult the users, their customers?

What the hell are Sonos thinking - this is sheer incompetence. 

Userlevel 1

If Sonos did mobile phones I'm sure you're update would be a red call box and a bag of 10p pieces

What are these people playing at? Unable to create playlists, a basic function, following recent upgrade, or should one say, downgrade? Seriously annoyed.

Userlevel 3
Badge

FYI 

Coming soon

Additional improvements to screen reader for visually impaired customers: May 21

Adding to queue and playing next: early June

Sleep timer: mid-June

Snooze alarms: mid-June

Local music library search and playback: mid-June

Update WiFi settings: mid-June

The CEO of sonos is Patrick.spence@sonos.com send an email requesting this is fixed

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I definitely will. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep same here and when I try to change the album or playlist I’m listening to in the room I’m in it defaults to playing it in a different room. I then have to tick my lounge and untick my dining room in the app. The very basic thing a music app should be able to do they have taken away! It beggars belief that this update was rolled out at this stage. 

Userlevel 1

What on earth were they thinking with this app? Pretty much all the features I use have been removed!!! I can’t search my own music library, can’t add to playlists , and just changing the volume on different speakers is a pain. Would I recommend Sonos to anyone now ? - hell no!

Userlevel 1

A previous poster suggested I write to the Sonos CEO, Patrick Spence. I have done so. I await a reply.

Last September I was having the same problem.  I could not add nor play any playlists. After days of Sonos working on the problem, I was in contact with a level 3 tech from Sonos.  He knew what to do right away.  I have had no issues, except starting a month or so ago.  Now the procedure he laid out for me no longer works.  Here is his procedure that did work, which is a far cry from how easy it was to add a playlist over a year ago.

Right click on the folder you wish to add. Click on “Properties”. Click on “Sharing”. Highlight and copy the “Network Path”. With Sonos open click on “Manage”, click on “Music Library Settings’ click on “Add”, take the bottom choice “Networked Device”. In the browse line put your cursor and right click hit paste. At this point your “Network Path” should be there.

Click on “Next”. This opens a window that requires your username and password for Sonos. Click on “Next” and you should get a notification that your folder is now set up in your Sonos system. Click on “Done” and the folder is now in your Library.

What do we do now?

Nick

Userlevel 1

Shouldn't be that complicated, should it? 

No, but it did work.  Now it doesn't.

it is hard to justify adding to my large, mostly dated system even with 10 30% discount coupons.  This product had not reason or right to become a cloud based product hosted on Sonos servers.  What was a functioning, awesome system has a dumpster fire at this point.  Not being able to edit Sonos playlists is the final straw for me.  

I totally agree with all the comments. One day my system was fine and able to play all my favourite songs that took over a year to make my playlist, next day, unable to connect , no help from customer support and over 90min waiting time on phone. Now I have to use Ethernet cable and can’t understand the new app. Can’t make a playlist so what are Sonos playing at!!