Answered

Trueplay brings stereo pair out of balance

• 6 November 2022
  • 90 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

90 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m having a similar issue with my stereo fives. Even without Trueplay on, the left speaker is louder. 

I also trueplayed them in a 5.1 system and the right speaker does a different pitch to the rest?

I’ve sent a diagnostic report 710738009. 

Also I’ve noticed that if I put the channel slider to the right and turn Trueplay on and off. There is no change. But on the left there is. Trueplay isn’t doing anything to my right speaker. 

Ok, I have tested a bit more, and you are 100% correct 👍 truplay does absolutely nothing to the right speaker. I made a diagnostic report: 1680480534. I have no clue how to proceed, but seems like I am not alone, and hopefully Sonos can fix it through a firmware update. Thank you for letting me know. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m having a similar issue with my stereo fives. Even without Trueplay on, the left speaker is louder. 

I also trueplayed them in a 5.1 system and the right speaker does a different pitch to the rest?

Also I’ve noticed that if I put the channel slider to the right and turn Trueplay on and off. There is no change. But on the left there is. Trueplay isn’t doing anything to my right speaker. 

Oh!!! Maybe this is the case for to. I have to investigate a bit more. But I can confirm that the balance problem is there befor trueplay, but not so noticeable as after. I thought at first that they were in balance without trueplay, but I have realised they are not.

I think so, but I don’t work for Sonos, and live in the US, so I’m not overly familiar with their Norwegian support. However, giving them hard data to look at, and contacting them with a diagnostic number so they know what they’re looking at and for, certainly makes some sense to me. Especially if it turns out to be something completely different, and yet shows up as a similar issue. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Why not submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. And you’d find out if your issue is the same as the other one or not, and possibly if they’re working on a fix. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Will this work in Norway, and is it possible to talk to someone who speaks Norwegian?

Why not submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. And you’d find out if your issue is the same as the other one or not, and possibly if they’re working on a fix. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

This is an issue which everyone has I think. There was another thread about it. I have 2 x One’s in a stere pair and it is the same story. The right one is noticeable louder than the left one. When I toggle Trueplay on/off it goes back to normal but when I change to next song the problem is still there…. It is very annoying.  

Thank you for letting me know. Wonder if Sonos is aware of it, and if there will be a fix?

This is an issue which everyone has I think. There was another thread about it. I have 2 x One’s in a stere pair and it is the same story. The right one is noticeable louder than the left one. When I toggle Trueplay on/off it goes back to normal but when I change to next song the problem is still there…. It is very annoying.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Is there anything odd about your room symmetry?

I don’t think so, but it have a lot of windows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is there anything odd about your room symmetry?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

If you physically swap the FIVE’s, does the problem move with the speaker?

No, it’s still the left speaker which is louder 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

If you physically swap the FIVE’s, does the problem move with the speaker?

There might be value in engaging with Sonos customer support, after submitting a system diagnostic.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You could try Trueplay again, but stay more at your preferred seating position.

I have tried multiple times, with iphone 12 pro and my Ipad, but the results are always the same. Left speaker is louder then the right. Very annoying… If I turn off trueplay, they are back in balance 🤷🏻‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could try Trueplay again, but stay more at your preferred seating position.