Answered

SONOS speakers largely under-exploited.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

There is nothing wrong with personally wanting a better EQ.

@melvimbe

The goal is not to have a better equalizer, but rather to have the BASIS which includes 3 slides: BASS, MID, HIGH. I think I've explained myself enough, I'm sick of repeating myself, I trust the Sonos team and I'm happy with the answer they gave me, I trust them for the next updates. Thank you
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Kumar

so those that want the jazz that you do

Sad to find that asking for an additional sound option is considered jazz for you.

Full marks to you for tenacity, though 

I send you back the compliment, for my part, I just bring an idea, but sad to see that when the idea does not go in the same direction of the leaders of the forum like you then you think that you are going to shut up people. Unfortunately, you haven't found the right guy.

There is nothing wrong with personally wanting a better EQ.

@melvimbe

The goal is not to have a better equalizer, but rather to have the BASIS which includes 3 slides: BASS, MID, HIGH. I think I've explained myself enough, I'm sick of repeating myself, I trust the Sonos team and I'm happy with the answer they gave me, I trust them for the next updates. Thank you

Hadn’t realized you downgraded your requested from 10 bands + to 3 bands.

I am no leader and I never claim that the universe endorses all I say, but talk away...😂 ..it may make up for not having the third slider.

For now, OP will better served by a discussion on how best to use the features that ARE present to tweak what he wishes to - the mid-range. Over to him...since he seems to think for some reasonthat this is not possible.

If Sonos does not want to hear anything then just AT LEAST put us a slide to control the mid-range, at least I will have the feeling to have the equivalent of settings as in my old car.

My memory isn't all wrong; the quoted conveys a sense to me that you want this on Sonos because your old car has it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Kumar

Kumar, I don't understand why you are trying to ridicule the fact that I want a mid-range slide just because my car has one. Obviously you did not understand anything of my words which was simply to make you understand that having a 3 choice of adjustment is NORMALLY the basis of things as in all the other daily devices that I use and that all people use . There are people who like it flat, there are people who like the treble sound to smash the eardrums, there are people who like it with a lot of bass, there are people who don't like bass at all and there are people like me who like to slow down the midrange. I understand that Sonos does not want to elaborate on a precision equalizer to facilitate the user experience and I respect their choices, but Sonos should provide us a minimum of 3 sound adjustment slides as mentioned above and I believe Sonos got it and I trust them with the following.

I am happy for you. Over and out.

Variable Loudness - which I once had on a Yamaha Hi-Fi - is nice though.

@Corry P What’s that or...how does that work?

@nik9669a : (this post is not meant for the OP.)..why get Sonos speakers? Could it be, from the opening post, this quoted? 

I notice that the qualities of the Sonos speakers are of great precision and of great quality.

Which is why the rest of his beef with Sonos is so puzzling and pointless. I mean, how much can a mid range slider do, to improve this state of affairs that the existing controls can’t?

But, I give up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kumar

Variable Loudness - which I once had on a Yamaha Hi-Fi - is nice though.

@Corry P What’s that or...how does that work?

The Yamaha had an adjustable Loudness control, and as far as I remember, the instructions went along these lines:

• Turn up the volume to the highest level you’re ever likely to have it
  • Adjust the Loudness so the bass and treble sound balanced
  • Turn down the volume and never touch the Loudness control again

For those who don’t know, the Loudness control on audio equipment is to address the fact that bass and treble balance differently at low volumes, and bass needs to be boosted when the volume is low.

I believe many people just opted to keep Loudness on, and this gave rise to the common Bass Boost features/controls in the ‘80s.