Sonos for Apple Watch

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
There are some third party apps that add watch control
Hi,

ZonePlay with Watch App is now live on the App Store here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/zoneplay/id908958813?mt=8

More  updates to come soon!

Cheers,
Mike
ZonePlay seems to be all I'll need. Cool. It would be neat to see the "tap at the end of your queue" feature, hint.. hint... @Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Zoneplayer app is pretty cool - but the Apple Watch app makes it worth every penny.  Great view of picking favorites, selecting rooms, room control and grouping.
Hey....I'm the person who started this thread! I'm sure it would have come up minutes later but I wanted to just thank everyone for the momentum, because however it worked out, we now have ZonePlayer and it's AWESOME!!! I own a tech software company and I'm uber critical of software and this is more than I had ever hoped Sonos would pull off directly and it happened in less than 30 days. Unreal. Thank you!!
Userlevel 2
No your not the guy that started this thread, I am... lol
yep, would love to see an app for the Apple Watch 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Use Zoneplayer and support the developer.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Sounds like a great idea Chris :)

ZonePlay is here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/zoneplay/id908958813?mt=8
thanks for suggestion guys - I've just purchased it and will test it out when I get home - thanks 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
WatchOS 2 just announced - make it so sonos
Userlevel 3
The digital crown is so perfect for volume control. Sonos don't be late to the party.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
The digital crown is so perfect for volume control. Sonos don't be late to the party.
And to scroll through playlists
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Zone play works as well as any sonos version will Developers do not currently have access to the digital crown. Can't currently be used for anything Sonos.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
WatchOS 2 Beta out now Chris with access to digital crown
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm working on it already... 🙂
Userlevel 3
...and with access to so much more! Unfortunately we will have to wait until "coming this fall".
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Is the beta available to users or just developers. If developer does it will it work for users who aren't in beta?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Autumn
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Devs Chris, not sure if will work maybe Mike could answer that - I know with iPhone you can add UDID's to dev program and release to that phone
Userlevel 2
Badge
They're releasing iOS9 for public beta in July https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Not sure if that'll include WatchOS 2 though ...
Userlevel 3
That might be some of the small information tidbits we should get in the next couple of days by the news outlets attending WWDC.
It would be great!
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Also check out https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/sonosequencr-iphone-app
Userlevel 1
Badge
What's the delay?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Delay - Apple not allowing is the delay. Apple currently not supporting outside devices other than AirPlay. Add AirPlay to your Sonos system if have immediate need.