Sonos for Apple Watch

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Userlevel 3
Just got my Apple Watch (with Link Bracelet) today! 😃 It is great so far! The future on my wrist.

Zoneplay is SO COOL! Mike has done a great job on the watch in integrating exactly what is needed and not overloading the app. I LOVE Play/Pauseing and controlling the volume of my whole setup. Individual volumes are there (if needed), but not too prominent - very good. Tons of speakers "listen" to a thing as small as 42mm.

I will certainly have some suggestions a little bit further in. Zoneplay is in my "inner ring" of apps around the Watch icon on my app start screen - a place for only the most valuable of apps.

I have set my Watch to return to the last used app (instead of the watch face). That makes very much sense for Zoneplay. Just look at the watch and the play/pause button as well as the volume slider is there (it isn't a slider, just 2 buttons left and right with some graphical slidery thing, which cannot be manipulated by sliding or the crown).

Many reviews talk about app loading times being too long. Well. They are there, but are mostly ok. I am looking forward to native apps running on this thing.

On a footnote: doing phone calls on the Apple Watch is hilarious!! I feel so Knight Rider(ish). ;-)))
I just got an Apple Watch and I totally agree with Dan above. I would love to be able to control some basic Sonos features like volume from my watch. I don't carry my phone in the house (women's clothes rarely have pockets) but my watch is always on me. A watch app is right in line with the simplicity and forward-thinking principles of Sonos.
I just got my watch. Yes please for a Sonos app for Apple Watch!
Absolutely would love to see a Sonos controller app for the apple watch
Userlevel 1
Badge
I am very interested in an Apple Watch app for Sonos also.
ditto!!
+1  - I'd love to control volume, play/pause, and next song with my apple watch
Use for now Kronos
Works oké
Userlevel 2
Badge
Email beta@zoneplay.co.uk
OK,....just use for now Kronos app.....and wait patiently for Sonos to focus on customer needs.
and make the so obvious app for apple watch!
Gerard, I agree!  I love my Sonos system, but they never seem to listen to the customer.  People have been asking for an app (which I'm sure they will make at some point), but also other things like headphones that people have been asking for for YEARS 
Please please please a Sonos app for Apple Watch
Go for it! SOON 😉 TIA!
Any ETA for the app... I'm in full swing with my iwatch and really would like to change the music via my iwatch rather then my iPhone.... 
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm in total agreement with he request for an Apple Watch update to the Sonos app!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are some third party apps that add watch control
Do you know the names of them?
Userlevel 3
Simply scroll some posts up... And you will find the Beta of ZonePlay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is like 3 posts up. My apple watch shipped today. Zone play I want to try. I though a few others have mentioned if your read through this thread. I'm on my phone right now so not as easy for me to read through.
Userlevel 1
Yes. I use the Zone Play Beta and it is absolutely perfect. Fast, reliable and exactly what I need 🙂
Userlevel 3
Yep. I like the ZonePlay Beta as well on my watch.
Userlevel 3
Zone play does look cool.