Sonos for Apple Watch

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Judging by the explosion of Apple Watch enabled app updates I've seen over the last few days, it doesn't seem overly burdensome to develop for the platform. What say you now, Sonos?
Get it done Sonos. Don't be lame.
I disagree that this should be a priority and would like to see Sonos address some of the long standing requests around basic operation before they consume any more resources (and ROM space) in supporting new Apple products or streaming music service features.

Some of the obvious priorities should be:

-Persistent room groups

-Fix the group volume problem on locally muted players

-Ability to back up configuration and play lists for restoration after a system reset

-Option to have the LED dim or turn off to indicate player is in standby mode

These and several other basic system 

I totally agree...
Of course it would be nice to control the system directly from the wrist, but there are many other features/fixes with higher priority IMHO
Userlevel 3
I disagree that this should be a priority and would like to see Sonos address some of the long standing requests around basic operation before they consume any more resources (and ROM space) in supporting new Apple products or streaming music service features.

Some of the obvious priorities should be:

-Persistent room groups

-Fix the group volume problem on locally muted players

-Ability to back up configuration and play lists for restoration after a system reset

-Option to have the LED dim or turn off to indicate player is in standby mode

These and several other basic system 

As support for Apple Watch is a thing that ONLY needs adaption of the iOS app (at least as long as the Apple Watch SDK does not support standalone apps on the Watch, it should be comparably easy to add the "second screen" functionality to the existing iOS Sonos app, which seems to get some attention anyway.

All mentioned features presumably need firmware/SW adaptions. Apple Watch does not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

There is definitely a lot of interest in the Apple Watch. We've passed along this idea as a feature request and we'll let you know if we have any news to share.
Userlevel 3
I've ordered my apple watch today and a sonos would just make sonos experience better, using the digital crown for volume control I'd image would be insanely great
+1 for Apple watch Sonos App. That would be awesome.
I have 5 watches on order for the whole family.... 3 are now shipping (and will be with me tomorrow) and the two bigger ones (42mm) no delivery date.

I have 3 x Play 5's , 4 x Play 1's, 2 x sub and 2 x playbar - so I'd love to control and play from the watch..... come on Sonos make us all happy and give us an Apple Watch Sonos app for tomorrow please !!!
Userlevel 3
I have 5 watches on order for the whole family.... 3 are now shipping (and will be with me tomorrow) and the two bigger ones (42mm) no delivery date.

I have 3 x Play 5's , 4 x Play 1's, 2 x sub and 2 x playbar - so I'd love to control and play from the watch..... come on Sonos make us all happy and give us an Apple Watch Sonos app for tomorrow please !!!

That won't be happening (as stated before from Sonos rep.), but if more and more Apple Watch owners & Sonos users demand it, maybe it will happen.

Sad that Sonos - for once - really does surprise us with a quick reaction to something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Stephan and Alexander,

We don't have any news to share on support for the Apple Watch. While we won't have an app out tomorrow, we might release one in the future. We'll post an update when we have more information to share.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Where have you seen a Sonos rep state anythjng about? As far as I know there has been no statement about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Ok well there is a a statement.

Thanks for the reply Jeff, I think you are really missing a trick here.... I think the Watch is going to be huge and the companies taking a lead on an app for the Watch will be seen as real technology savvy companies .... I hoped Sonos would be in that group.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Actually his reply is more optimistic then I would expect from Sonos.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Very optimistic indeed, not to get all your hopes up but you never know.
+1 on the apple watch app
Sonos---please tell us you're working on something for the apple watch? Pandora already has it done along with several other music players. If I'm at my house with music playing, I need press pause quickly. I can't imagine a better solution than the watch for volume, pause and room. Even a small beta with very limited features would be huge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Watch 42mm with milanese loop. considering extra band" (bright, but not so) blue leather loop.
I got the same as Phillip - Stainless with Milanese 42mm
+1 on the apple watch app
I SO agree! SOnos, don't let others beat you to it! Your devoted customers WANT THIS!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I love the idea of an Apple watch app. At the same time, there are more pressing features their developers need to integrate.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I love the idea of an Apple watch app. At the same time, there are more pressing features their developers need to integrate.
Sonos Apple watch! You can model the UI after the music app Apple made for their native player on the apple watch
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Personally I say fly the flag, fly it high and get the jump on this before your competitors release an App to control their multi-room systems on the Apple "Watch" Bernhard is right in saying there are more pressing features that need developing but being able to control your sonos from the Apple "Watch" would be amazing. Tick-Tock sonos.
+1 to Sonos app for apple watch . Got mine today. loving it.
+1 to Sonos app for apple watch . Got mine today. loving it.

Me too! It would be so convenient to be able to control Sonos from the watch!
It would be really nice to skip songs and change Volume on your wrist!