Sonos controller problem on iOS 9.3.5

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

129 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The trouble is you cannot add a Sonos app to an iPhone unless it comes from Apple App Store. Apple do not allow multiple versions, unless you are using it in under development, I.e. for Beta test versions. If you abuse this then Apple can remove all your apps.

This is the fundamental issue. But even if Sonos could do this it would make their development process a lot more complex especially having to test multiple versions. This is why they have reduced the functionality of the desktop apps.
You could have a PC running the desktop client, that supports remote desktop and run the Parallels Client on the IOS 9.3.5 and RDP to the PC and select your music that way.
For the iPad Mini in each room, you could use VMware to run multiple VM's running Desktop client and each mini connects to a separate desktop. Really ugly, but possibly cheaper than buying new mini's and wall mounts.

I also have been afflicted by the IOS 9.3.5 iPad in the kitchen ONLY for Sonos issue, and my wife is none too pleased.
Nathan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
So what speaker system are you going to use instead, that is compatible with your ancient iPad?
You're missing the point - it's not about continuing to use a seven year old iPad (although it's a shame to throw out something that has no faults other than simply being old), it's about Sonos's thoughtless and arrogant attitude to its customers (as echoed by many contributors on this string) that is steering me to look for alternative solutions. Until Sonos pulled this stunt I was perfectly happy and wouldn't have dreamt of looking elsewhere, but now I am. Perhaps Sonos feel that they have a near-monopoly and so are behaving in the way monopolies tend to?

So you are so angry at Sonos for not supporting a device Apple itself no longer supports, you are going to look for an alternative which also doesn't support a device Apple itself no longer supports? And the reason is . . . uhhh . . . a "point"?

Color me confused. 🤔