Sonos Can't Find Music Library (Computer Not Found)

• 4 February 2013
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Similar problem here. Suddenly Sonos PC software and iPhone/iPad controller were unable to find my music library on my NAS, what it did for month. It took me two days reconfigurating, deleting, reconnecting and suddenly, without an understandable reason the library was found under the same route....... very strange
SONOS PLEASE!!! fix this problem. I too have been unable to use my Music library from my MAC with any regularity. I install and uninstall my Library so many times. This is getting to be such a waste of my time and damned embarrassing when I am entertaining and my system is constantly failing me.
We have periodically had the same problem ever since we bought the Sonos system some long long months ago. We use a Mac and are unable to play our sonos playlists. The system has been sitting unused for a couple of months now as I was getting really fed up trying to fix it each time it stopped working. It's an expensive piece of kit to have sitting around however abd I have girded my loins to have another go and ...... failure - yet again! It really is no good to have a piece of technology in this day and age which is so hit an dmiss.
Here is the ## of a diagnostic 2376766 from when the problem first appeared today. I cannot play my music library either through the controller on my MacbookPro or IPad mini. This has been a recurring problem in recent weeks, about which I've had to make several calls to support to trouble shoot. Apparently this is a known problem, at least for the laptop, having nothing to do with any firewall or lack of sharing being turned on. I have gone through the steps I've been advised to take (restarting, checking for updates), and I still get the error message "unable to play . . . the share [name of file] does not exist. One thing I notice is that the problem seems to occur each time after I update the music library. It's not necessarily confined to that, but this seems to be associated. In the past, I've happily recommended Sonos to others, but I am now losing confidence in the system. I'm hoping a solution can be found that really works, and soon. Thanks for your help.
Hi Having the same problem with a MAC, tried adding an exception and then disabling the firewall totally, still same problem, says it can find the machine its hosted on??
Figured it out for symantic, hopefully all of the firewalls.... Go to your firewall rules or exceptions. Add a new rule. Under the general tab, set it to "Allow this traffic", "All network adapters." Next, Hosts tab, Click on MAC Address. Open your Sonos Controller and click on the Help tab and then "About My Sonos System..." Find the serial number in that list and add it as the MAC address(minus the last digit.) Next tab, Ports and Protocols tab, set it to "All IP Protocols" and "Both." Next tab, Applications tab, do NOT add the Sonos desktop controller(or Sonos.exe). Last tab is Scheduling, do not do scheduling.
I still have this problem it will connect to some of my music but not all
Badge
I have the same proble on Windows 8. The library is on a second hard drive im my PC. I can see and play the songs in Itunes. To been able to play music I have to remove the library and re-add.
Badge
I have the same proble on Windows 8. The library is on a second hard drive im my PC. I can see and play the songs in Itunes. To been able to play music I have to remove the library and re-add.
I had this same problem and my firewall is configured perfectly 😞
Badge
Hello Andy, After taking a look a the diagnostic it doesn't appear that Sonos is trying to add your music library. Is your computer wired into the network or wireless? Do you have any firewalls on your computer? Firewalls tend to block file sharing and must be configured in order to allow Sonos to access your music. You can find steps on the configuration for your firewall here: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/692. If you are still unable to add your music library after configuring the firewall please submit another diagnostic of your system.