Sonos app not picking up Sonos

• 16 January 2021
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Badge

@John B - I’m not saying my network is the shiniest, but I am going to ask why people want me to do certain steps - for example the Private Address - that has nothing to do with the app, nor will flipping that setting *ever* help. Secondly, the other suggestion provided, which turns of Wi-Fi Assist - that will simply flip the phone from a Wi-Fi network to a GSM network and if that was in fact the case, the app wouldn’t work at all because if it’s not on the same Wi-Fi network as the Sonos device(s).

I’m all for helping and suggesting things, but when something is clearly correlated to the same time that a new app release is dropped, questions have to be raised. Furthermore, as an app developer, people won’t always complain if they have a working solution (vis-a-vis the PC controller),and also, people will go elsewhere. They want to vent their frustrations publicly  via social media usually, not on a forum or where there is “general” help, that’s society.

Like I stated, I can control the device(s) via SOAP and via the PC Controller, but the iOS app(s) are spotty at best. If I sniff network packets, it’s clearly between the app and the SonosNET and the only thing that can talk “SonosNET” is the app(s) and the controller(s). The only thing that changed recently was the iOS app and not my PC controller, nor the SOAP calls.

@dutchie027 All wireless apps communicate over WiFi to the router. I have no idea what you mean by an app 'talking SonosNet '. Care to explain?