Sonos app not picking up Sonos

• 16 January 2021
  • 27 replies

Hi,

my app constantly loses connection to the app. It won’t log onto it meaning I can’t play music on my system, or if I’m lucky enough to be able to play music then it disconnects so I can’t change track or volume, rendering my expensive system completely useless. You will come back to me and blame my wifi I’m sure, however nothing else drops out as much as Sonos… it’s happening very often now.

please can someone help? 

if it is WiFi… then would a Sonos boost help?

thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

@dutchie027 All wireless apps communicate over WiFi to the router. I have no idea what you mean by an app 'talking SonosNet '. Care to explain?

@dutchie027 You are of course welcome to ridicule the advice I gave in a positive meaning, trying to help you, but if you had made a search in this forum you would find that those suggestions have helped some users and some not - as I also pointed out - with the same problem as the OP, which you in your first post said was similar to yours.

But as you also pointed out, you are a computer engineer and it is not network related, though I do wonder how a computer engineer can say that “I have direct business class fiber/fibre coming to my house which is symmetrical at 1GB, so it’s not networking either”. I’m just a happy Sonos user with limited network skills.