SMB2 (or SMB3) support must be supported NOW!

Show first post

281 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I respectfully disagree. I have spent well over $1,000 in Sonos equipment and they won’t at least jump into the 21st century in IT security?  I am sorry, get with the program Sonos or watch what happens. People are going to leave in droves. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Few people play their music from files these days. Most use a mac or a pc for it, the percentage that use a NAS is even smaller. The percentage who use Synology is smaller still. “Droves”, lol.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So why are you on these boards defending Sonos?  Sounds like to me tour an employee or have some sort of personal/economical interest. 
The only people I see on these boards are people pissed off at the fact that Sonos doesn’t give to shi.. about their customers IT security.  

“Droves……...take a look around now, Sonos is only getting a smaller customer base. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Do I think SMBv1 is a good idea? No. Do I think Sonos will fix it? Hmm probably not IMHO. Engineering decisions are driven by various criteria, such as number of customers affected (tiny), complexity of fix (low for S2 assuming the Linux kernel has already been updated and I have no idea if that has happened, high if not), availability of work arounds (there are lots) and risk of the security issue (debatable).

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

SMH. 

Userlevel 1

Come on Sonos, where is SMB2/3support for S2 hardware?