Request for feedback: Shuffle

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

205 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Im seeing no difference in behaviour on the new 5.4 beta for windows.
Clicking the shuffle button doesn't re-arrange the queue in any way.

i am loading a Spotify playlist into the play queue.

Quick snapshot from my WIndows controller. Watch Title, Next Title and the queue order when i toggle the shuffle button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I'm not sure what you are talking about Herman.  With 5.4 every time I unselect and select shuffle it randomly shuffles everything.  Also the queue shows the actual shuffled (vs. previously randomly skipping around the unsorted queue).

A very large rant for something that appears they have done.  What really is your issue?

If your not seeing this have you gone in your controller ... help and made sure you are running 5.4.  Because it is all there!

I haven't checked it out repeatedly...I only updated my Sonos environment yesterday.  I will keep shuffling and reshuffling to see how it shows up.  I have short lists and I have long lists.  Will see how things shuffle.
Ben, 1 question. Why do you not have the "Official Rep" title like all the other Sonos employees? It certainly would add more weight to your question.

Anyway, I think User500327 above sums it up the best.  New random order each time you play a list or press the random icon, shuffle albums, and (not as important to me) show the queue in the order it plays.

He's actually a spy for Denon HEOS and he's here to steal our ideas! I think shuffle should play the same song forever with no option to stop it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Ben, 1 question. Why do you not have the "Official Rep" title like all the other Sonos employees? It certainly would add more weight to your question.

Anyway, I think User500327 above sums it up the best.  New random order each time you play a list or press the random icon, shuffle albums, and (not as important to me) show the queue in the order it plays.

While Ben is a Sonos employee, his account wasn’t flagged as such. We’ve changed his account to reflect that. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

To avoid confusion, we’re also going to direct the existing threads on this topic, here.