Question

re-install previous version of controller

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ever since I upgraded (more like a downgrade) my system takes for ever to recognize the bridge sitting 3 feet away. Then it drops songs mid-way through. I have: 1. rebooted my router 2. re-booted the bridge 3. deleted and re-downloaded the new app 4. removed my music library and reinstalled it 5. wept in abject frustration I now have five completely worthless Sonos components.
Hi philliephanatic, before reaching step 5, we recommend giving us a call. If you've already rebooted the network and the other steps suggested in other threads your following, it'd be best to work with a technician live. We'll help you get everything sorted out.
Ever since I upgraded (more like a downgrade) my system takes for ever to recognize the bridge sitting 3 feet away. Then it drops songs mid-way through. I have: 1. rebooted my router 2. re-booted the bridge 3. deleted and re-downloaded the new app 4. removed my music library and reinstalled it 5. wept in abject frustration I now have five completely worthless Sonos components.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
The new app is complete CRAP. Change it back the way it was, this is NOT what I paid for. You have ripped me off..
Userlevel 5
Plain, flat, unoriginal, and boring is "WAY KEWL" at the moment.  Get with it!  What are you like "alot" over 12 or something? Geez...  <g> 
I have just updated my ipad to the new controller and also really dislike it. The original was so intuitive user friendly, the latest is ugly, confusing and most of the screen is a waste of time. What advantages does the new controller have over the old one?
Userlevel 5
Well, I appreciate the quick reply.  My biggest issue is with the source selection area on iPads.  I rarely need to use those buttons, but they're taking up over half the screen (in landscape orientation) and that white background is "screaming" at me...  I'll just leave it in the mode where it displays the album art, but it would be nice to see a little more "balance."   I get the uniformity thing among devices, but just filling up the extra space on iPads with those big buttons isn't cutting it. 

Have a swell day!
Userlevel 2
Hi guys, There is no way to revert the Sonos units to a different firmware. If you have backups of the apps for your portable devices you could try that. Updates are released at least every six months so I am sure some of the issues with the new controllers will be addressed soon.
Userlevel 5
AMEN! Looks like somebody's first UI. Way too big, way too bright, glaring mess on the left HAS TO GO! I tend(ed) to leave the Sonos app running on iPads around the house because it was useful and looked great. Oh well.. Thankfully the PC interface still looks nice.